• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP-It takes two.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
My son and I just finished the second boss. Man is this game a lot of fun. The teamwork sections are a blast.

I've had it thru gamepass for a while. Just never downloaded. If you have game pass and someone to play with do it now. It has a online mode but I haven't tried it. Great game. I see why it won awards.

Susurrus

I tried playing it w/ my wife, couldn't finish the second level. I enjoyed it but she kept getting frustrated because the last time she really got into gaming was back when you didnt have to control the camera much and the right thumb stick camera controlling was throwing her off.

I'm playing the developer's previous game A Way Out w/ a friend online, and plan to play through It Takes Two with him afterwords. A Way Out works the same, where you're split screen, mandatory 2 player, can play w/ friend pass if online, etc. That being said, it is not child friendly.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
Yeah. I get that. It had some harder moments. I mean it's not the Dark souls of co op but it could be frustrating with a non gamer.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Playing it with my wife right now (not this second but you get it). We just finished the level with the prizm. Also playing with my daughter. It's pretty great I agree.

DOW

I jumped in with son recently and it’s been a blast. He’s 7 and he’s been loving it, too. We’ve got the last chapter to play and I’ve been putting it off because I don’t want it to end!

I played it with my wife. She's not very good at 3D games and was frustrated at some points. She refused to play the mini-games because I'd always win. xD
We never get to play games together so it was a fun experience.

OP you and your son are in for a treat. Great game.

To those playing with non-gamers etc try swapping characters in sections that upset them. I did this a couple of times with my younger daughter and then we just switched back or continued that session as reverse characters. Cleared things right up.

SteadyEvo

My 5 and 11 yo beat it twice. All I hear is screams and laughter from their room. Haven’t played it myself but they had a blast.

JayK47

Will the sequel be called "It Takes Three" or "It Takes Two Two"?

I always get this game confused with Brothers - A Take of Two Sons, which I have played and thought was ok. I may have not given this game much attention when I saw the main characters were dolls and EA's involvement. But maybe I should take a close look at this game. It is currently on sale for $20 on Steam. Still a little high for my taste. Seems it would be good to play with my kids, if they were a little older. Maybe in a few years when this is cheaper and my kids are older, I will consider it.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Loved this game

200w.gif

Chittagong

Gold Member
Superb game. Has a special place in my heart as me and the mrs were having covid and isolating together during the typhoon season on this tropical island and spent our few waking hours playing It Takes Two.

She hadn’t used dual sticks before so took a while to get a hang of the camera, but as we came out of covid we finished the game.

The scale and diversity of the levels is just insane, and the variety in game mechanics is incredible, never a dull moment. And a satisfyingly quick end, not dragged out like in many games.

Top Bottom