• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: History Channel's Vikings

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
alex-hough-vikings-history-1.jpg

I remember binging this show clearly so it's pretty fresh in my mind.

Vikings looks like a show you'd find on Showtime or HBO, it's cast never misses a beat. The chemistry is just there.

Just like history goes, it's pretty basic in that this show is about raiding many parts of Europe in the 11th century. The characters look like real vikings, the little details that make it (their accents, makeup etc.) but the real reason this show succeeds is because of Ragnar it's main character for much of the series who can make just enough of an impart to carry a show. Normaly you don't switch over main characters but switching over to Ivar the Boneless was a serious move. So than you have a new leader, so to speak, someone who is ambitious more than anything, and fits the viking personal, leads the show. It was a very dramatic change for the time, and it's an exception because it's based off of history but it was very abrupt and to me, normal, you ease into a new character but Ivar works as the main component and leading raids. So that's all I really wanted to address in this LTTP. Have a look at this series if you haven't already, you could always shut it off if you don't like it. It is a history channel/hulu/vudu exclusive which I think hurts it being so exclusive but that's the way it works, I look forward to season 6. There's a bunch to talk about this series and I am happy discussing or reading comments in this thread so as long as its on topic.

Top Bottom