• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ghost of Tsushima - It’s good but it’s missing a certain something

Salmon

I think the whole world is stale and kinda boring. People go crazy about just colors and oversaturation. I thought the combat was kinda fun though.

Last edited:

chinoXL

GOT was my joint...loved the combat and the whole theme/setting of the game..not sure how anyone can say the game was overhyped but people are obviously entitled to their opinion. i made so many kill clips in this game and the head chops are money

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean it was just a good open world game, outside of its setting It wasent unique but at least the combat felt more involved than most open world titles and it could look uttely breathtaking at times.

But yeah its a paint by numbers game, I don't agree about finding the characters boring though, they where much better than Forbidden West for example which I just put down due to how much of a snoozefest they where.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Loved it but yes, overrated. As a lot of Sony ganes are unfortunately. Good combat, nice graphics, it's still a great game. Dunno if I agree with op on days gone being better. Can't get myself to beat it, maybe I'll give it a second chance.
747872.jpg

You sound conflicted, friend.

Miles708

Despite the interesting setting and quite good combat, the game is as boring as it gets.
I've played this game dozen of times even before buying it.

HYDE

Banned
The game is completely overhyped.

NPCs stiff as wood and other awful issues make the game just OK.

The thing was a massive hypefest, but it was the best Sucker Punch game.
Not even close. Even the original Sly Cooper was better imo…

Gojiira

Nope, you can cut of limbs in certain situations but its only real issue is the stiff dialogue, thats it. Otherwise the game itself is beautiful with great music, voice acting, a well told story and actually good gameplay, Not to mention the ridiculous post launch support it got which is absolutely stellar.

Rodolink

Best thing is the Japanese coat of paint. But don't play this after Sekiro, you will be disappointed or at least I was expecting so much for Ghost.
The level design in the bases is pretty bad having enemies facing the wall or looking for "something" just waiting there to be backstabbed.
You're more like a samurai Ninja.
And the open world is watered down, compared to Red Dead Redemption 2 for example.
The wind as a guiding mechanic is a really good design decision I love.
And even though it has not so good things the game is very fun and addictive, im hooked and willing to do all quests and get all special gear.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Far be it for me to claim this isn't a great game, but it's the most forgettable experience I've ever completed. Yes, I was compelled to play all the way through - this I can not deny - but all I can recall from it is a Haiku or two, and maybe the final boss fight. It was just another Assassin's Creed.

proandrad

Only thing better than 1 katana is 2. Sequel will have dual wielding 100%. Jokes aside the game could use more weapon types.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

I wish the way bodies react to hits/shots was something game devs focused on, it hasn't improved in many generations.

Shooting somebody and they don't move, just 'absorb' the bullet and their clothes don't rip is just embarrassing.

Last edited:
Then you did not play the game, as other sayd before later in the game you can dismember enemys even cut of theyr heads. You guys are like parrots....
Dismemberment only with heavenly strike is idiotic.

I'm regularly killing 5 guys in a row with one swing each, and not a single one has been dismembered.

FOH, btw Lol@ calling people parrots when your previous point began with "as other sayd before"

🤡

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
To me the world felt very sterile and empty. I don't know what it was missing either but I know what you mean.

It's probably due to finishing Red Dead 2 just before I played it, which had an incredibly rich and living world.

Kokoloko85

The world and NPC needs more interactive options. More side missions and more things to do in villages etc
And more random shit happening live in the world would make it a bit more interesting

Dismemberment only with heavenly strike is idiotic.

I'm regularly killing 5 guys in a row with one swing each, and not a single one has been dismembered.

FOH, btw Lol@ calling people parrots when your previous point began with "as other sayd before"

🤡
What i was meaning with others said it before that they said that there is dismembering in the game, that has nothing to do with parroting. Thats confirming that its in the game. You where saying like others that its not in the game. Thats not true, so you guys are parotting a lie.

What i was meaning with others said it before that they said that there is dismembering in the game, that has nothing to do with parroting. Thats confirming that its in the game. You where saying like others that its not in the game. Thats not true, so you guys are parotting a lie.
Semantics, should have said not regular enough in the game, you know what I meant, it shouldn't require a special move to do as I'm regularly striking down 100s of enemies without it occurring once

Also, you need to learn what a lie is. Op said that the game is "seriously lacking" dismemberment, not that there isn't any. On top of that, being incorrect isn't necessarily lying.

Words are hard

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It was simply, a good game. Not great by any stretch and was sonys typical MO right now.

An assassins creed samurai game because ubisoft won't make it.

I was bored to tears by the end and have no interest in the DLC. It took me almost a year to complete it as I had to keep putting it down. Overall I thought it was OK. 7 out of ten game for me.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Loved the game for the art direction and music. The gameplay had nothing innovative about it really, but its a very well made game using already established mechanics. Using the wind to guide you to points of interest was neat.

DavidGzz

One of the most fun features is pressing right on the D-pad to pause and take pics. I took soooo many pictures. I love the way this game looks and the wind still blowing while everything else is still, is awesome.

SteadyEvo

It’s shame that people on a gaming enthusiast forum can’t understand what’s great about this game.

That’s probably why a lot of crappy games keep getting released. 🤷‍♂️
It’s a good game. Just way too long and repetitive. Would’ve been 100x better with a tighter story.

Really miss the days of shorter games. Remember beating Onimusha in one day with a friend. Infamous Second Son should be the standard. 10-12 hours with incentive to replay. Short and sweet. So tired of this bloated open world shit. Don’t get me started with Red Dead 2… 😑

zkorejo

Dismemberment is definitely in but it's for specials.

It's a great game. The combat system is downright addictive. The story and side missions are top notch.

To me it's missing the exploration aspect. The world is very beautiful but it lacks the intrigue. I also think loot and more customization options, kind of like Witcher 3 would really add to it. Also needs more tools.

I hope they add all that in the next one.

Add more stuff to the world, npcs. Make a lively world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom