• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Conan Exiles

this is another Gamepass title I would have never given the time of day but figured I'd give it a go since I used to be a huge fan of the Conan comics

I just started playing today so I'm still figuring shit out (the game doesn't do an amazing job with its tutorial), but I'm having a lot of fun

I thought this game was generally shit on a lot? already having a blast and it seems like there is a ton of potential. been playing all morning.

anyone else play this game? I haven't even began to experiment with the DLC, but it seems like there is a ton of it

if anyone has any starting guides/YouTube videos they could recommend, it would be appreciated!

Reactions: Fuz

MarkyG

Sank a fair few hours into Conan Exiles. The lads and I enjoyed it, a lot! The building is quite good and the combat is decent. Haven't tried the new DLC yet though. That's in my pile of shame Steam library :)

Topher

Gold Member
I played a few minutes for a MS Rewards quest a few months ago. Maybe it is better playing with others, but I thought it was horrible.

Melfice7

played it years ago when it came out on ps plus, despite the bugs and jank it was pretty fun playing with friends, but its a chore playing it alone

KiteGr

I played a lot of solo. Here are a few tips.
  • Most of the DLC is cosmetic, with the exception of the Island of Sipta expansion.
  • The noob river at the bottom of the map has no Iron. You should go as North as you can handle.
  • The game was mediocre in the past, but it has been receiving tons of updates. Any guide or review more than a few months old might be outdated.
  • Depending on the server rules, people might loot your stuff, even through windows. Don't leave your machinery where there is line of sight.
  • When you log off, your character sleeps on the spot and can be looted. Always log off in your base.
  • Always carry a bedroll and lay it down when you're about to undertake any challenge. Bedrolls and beds are separate spawn points, so keep a bed in your base, and throw a bedroll near the danger so you won't have to corpse run.
  • Be careful of clan joins by randoms. A known exploit is scammers inviting you to their clan so your stuff become shared and then kick you out and keep everything.
  • In the Unnamed City (hot red deserty area full of undead) there is a recipe for a map at the center building. The map can teleport you to any obelisks you have found and touched.
  • Obelisks and other undead heavy areas give you corruption that reduces your max life. Corruption can easily removed by approaching any non-hostile dancer.
  • West of the Unnamed city is the only non hostile city. Some areas still have hostile npcs though. The area is excellent for kidnapping thralls.
  • On PC and if the server allows it, you can have full nudity.
Might dive in again one of these days.

Top Bottom