• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP - Bloodborne

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I need to boot up a new character. My PS4 Pro needed a factory reset after a winter power outage a few weeks ago (bye bye saves). Lost count how many characters and hours I've put into the game at this point. I platinum'd it + 100% old Hunters back in 2016, yet here I am 5 years later still booting up new characters every few months, playing through with a different weapon or even the same weapon as a previous run. The game has that sort of endurance.

tav7623

I think Im going to sit down and force myself to play through for a while longer to see if this grabs me.

I just finished Days Gone and glad I did as its an amazing game. I hated it in the beginning though.

Maybe BB will do the same. Yes I'm gonna try again.
Good luck!

tav7623

7d6.jpg

Awesome, you sound exactly like me on this one. This game is the best Castlevania experience since at least the GBA / DS series. If only Lords of Shadow was like Bloodborne.

And I agree on the online bit -- I like my solo experiences to be truly solo and isolating, so I've been in offline mode the whole time as well.
As far as a potential 3D Castlevania goes it's definitely got the gothic horror vibe down pat plus some of the monsters I've seen so far (I'm now at The Forbidden Woods Cainhurst Castle, which is apparently an optional location ) definitely qualify as nightmare fuel. The only things it's missing (imo) are vampires(?), the ability to jump with a single button, and the ability to use the cane whip to swing/reach higher up locations. Personally, the first Lords of Shadow is actually my favorite of the 3D Castlevania games followed by Lament of Innocence (Castlevania 64 is a close 3rd, but that's only because I got a Brawler 64 controller which helped make the game way more tolerable than it was playing it using a regular N64 trident controller) and if Konami/Mercury Steam hadn't shit the bed with Mirror of Fate & Lords of Shadow 2 I think the series might have stuck around a little bit longer. Though If you're itching for a similar DS/GBA Castlevania style game after you've beaten this game and you haven't checked them out yet you might want to check out Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night as it's created by IGA (the same guy behind Symphony of the Night and the GBA/DS Castlevania games) or Blasphemous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom