• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen launches October 13

CGNoire

The Disparity in graphics between the Cutscenes and Gameplay has gotten out of hand in this year of our lord 2023.

Shits more annoying then if we just went back to offline rendering and reaper far more impressive benefits like high end cloth sim and hair rendering. This shit just make me sigh every time It gos back to the game. A net negative I say.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't feel it.
Looks like a dark souls 3 costume party and I don't get the music choice.
And this is a terrible, bad sounding, confusing title. Should just make it a new IP

Last edited:

SolidQ

If there will same like in first game, you are feeling weapon and armor i'm in. Because in souls games, you with 2 handed weapon and heavy armor, you feeling movements like paper.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Will wait for impressions. I see the fire and the lights, but who knows what it will actually be like when you’re piecing these parts together.

dDoc

Graphics look good tbh.

Will wait for gameplay impressions/reviews though. New unproven studio and first game was lame.

First one sucked. I audibly booed at the end from the amount of suckage that game put me through.

This one looks to be the same.

VN1X

Banned
Looks nice and seems to have promise but I'm fully bracing myself for another shitty release on PC.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
It is kind of weird that they Named it Lord's of the Fallen. You'd think they'd want to distance from a title that wasn't well received

Name it Bludborne or something
IKR ? Even "Fallen Lords" would have been better ffs.

Man, fook these kind of "reboots" and their stupid naming, try to search God of war or DOOM for example , now, since they both got rebooted you have to put the year of release next to the title when searching for them on the internet, same thing with rebooted movies.
Also : Tomb Raider

Shittiest "trend" ever

Last edited:
IKR ? Even "Fallen Lords" would have been better ffs.

Man, fook these kind of "reboots" and their stupid naming, try to search God of war or DOOM for example , now, since they both got rebooted you have to put the year of release next to the title when searching for them on the internet, same thing with rebooted movies.
Also : Tomb Raider

Shittiest "trend" ever
Well I see people being critical of it, even shutting on it, because of its connection to the original. And this looks pretty sweet. Fallen lords would have made more sense. Lords of the fallen isn't even really a name that makes sense looking at this

DavidGzz

First game was so bad it's already getting a reboot. This looks so much better than the first game. I'm in, especially since we won't be getting a Dark Souls 4 anytime soon or ever.

Last edited:

Killer8

This looks legitimately excellent. Seems like they've finally learned how to make responsive combat which was the main thing holding their games back until now. The original Lords of the Fallen felt really putrid to play compared to the likes of Souls and Nioh.

Schmendrick

Very uneven graphics presentation. From "wow this looks next gen" to "decent last gen AA" everything was in this trailer.

Looks like a mixture of Dark Souls and Dante's Inferno. I'm intrigued but I'm not expecting much.

Arachnid

That looks fucking fantastic. Hit feedback on enemies actually looks solid, which is something I feel like most soulslikes tend to completely miss on. Enemy combos look varied and flashy as hell, and the art design looks 10/10. The only things I need them to nail at this point is level design and build variety. If they get those on lock, FROM might have some real competitors for once.

I also completely disagree with anyone ripping on the music choice. That was hype af.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Even got father Ariendel in there towards the end of the trailer!
Looks amazing. Unshameful From-clone, but if it plays anywhere near as good as it looks, im all in. The creature designs that didn't look 80% like from-bosses also looks great. Hoping for good level design, build variery and impactful combat.

BbMajor7th

Looks very promising - fingers crossed they stick the landing. Mother in the first trailer and Fear of the Dark in this one. I can at least get on board with their music taste.

Last edited:

leizzra

So in September we'll get an announcement of the delay to 2024, like typical CI Games do.

As fo the trailer - it's so weird. The voice acting, the music (as much as I love Iron Maiden it just doesn't fits this), the camera cuts... And of course it is an coincident that it was shown the same day that the CI Games stocks correction.

Another eurojank Dark Souls clone. How exciting. Wish they’d try doing their own thing.
How do you know it’s bad did you played it for hours already?It looks amazing gameplay also looks amazing the enemy designs look better than dark souls.Art style is amazing here.this will be a better game than dark souls Atmospheres graphics artstyle is way above dark souls.Gameplay looks really good like dark souls.If it has good content variation of levels and enemies this will be better than dark souls.

Last edited:
You know what, I'll give it a try. I played the first Lords of the Fallen and didn't hate the game (I hated its marketing though). It was junky as fuck and my character felt like it had molasses all over its body even when dodging, nonetheless the game felt unique.

Lo and behold, they changed the development team behind it and it shows. I think this will be the Lords of Fallen I expected back then and I am all for it. Bring it on!

Rayderism

Didn't we already have a game called "Lords of the Fallen" like 10 years ago? {checks GameFAQs}....yes, yes we did, 9 years ago.

Is this like a remake or remaster or something?

Kurotri

Didn't we already have a game called "Lords of the Fallen" like 10 years ago? {checks GameFAQs}....yes, yes we did, 9 years ago.

Is this like a remake or remaster or something?
This is a reboot/spiritual sequel to the original. Think of it like going from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls in principle. From a completely different dev team. To differentiate itself from the original, they had the bright idea to call it THE Lords of the Fallen. But then they had an even brighter idea and decided to scratch "the" and now it's just Lords of the Fallen again.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Its too fucking on the nose, at this point its hard say its "inspiration" and more straight up copy.

And when reviews comes in you can't blame reviewers comparing this game to FROM games.

Pop

Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I think it’ll be harder to fuck this up than last soul attempts. The formula is so well laid out now that you’d have to be daft to fuck up the gameplay.

Azurro

Banned
If the gameplay is competent I'm in. How can I not be? If there is a competent Soulsborne game out there with this level of graphics, what's not to like?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
It seems that with Lords of Fallen 2 the protagonists lost weight.

In the first video game there were some fat knights , they looked like Botargas.

vCFikw2onDuJMoLgWMWzPK.jpg

e74d388355d812dd6adc45fa321f0599.jpg

03302c483d3f680956c53df035381092.jpg

Last edited:
It seems that with Lords of Fallen 2 the protagonists lost weight.

In the first video game there were some fat knights , they looked like Botargas.
For me, part 1 protagonists reminded me more of the Gears of War cast:

gears-ue-first-5e7282eba557a-scaled.jpg

05GtsnpkRxnFwZyMzFlc6xX-4..v1569478956.jpg

Ridiculously bulked. It was funny that a lot of 360/PS3 games during that time followed suit and bulked up their characters to an extreme degree. Even Chris Redfield's design couldn't escape it.

Fools idol

Banned
The fact that they straight up named the game the same thing again when the original released 10 years ago is quite telling.

Western developers are so thirsty for a sniff of Fromsoftware's success it is getting painful. They all seem to miss the point entirely - as soon as the shouty music started playing I'm immediately knowing this is going to suck.

If you are going to shamelessly copy a game at least figure out what made it successful.

Braag

I didn't like Lords of the Fallen much and dropped it middle of the playthrough. Something I rarely do.
But this is a reboot with a new dev team. Honestly it looks way better than I ever expected it to look.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
watched again and this is like someone asked AI to generate a trailer for a eurojanky souls clone. Slapped on Maiden for the vibes.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Props for using the title track from Iron Maiden’s last good album.

Yep. That’s right.

As for the game, looks too damn close to From’s games to me. Doesn’t bode well for how creative or different the gameplay might be.

Top Bottom