• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen - Extended Gameplay Presentation Released

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher CI Games and developer Hexworks have released an 17-minute “Extended Gameplay Presentation” for dark fantasy action RPG Lords of the Fallen.

A vast world awaits in all-new, dark fantasy action-RPG, Lords of the Fallen. As one of the fabled Dark Crusaders, embark on an epic quest to overthrow Adyr, the demon God.​

“The team at Hexworks is thrilled to finally share an extended gameplay presentation and reveal numerous new details of our dark fantasy action–RPG. “We have passionately carved our own path in this increasingly popular genre, and we are particularly excited to see how players will approach the game’s unique dual-world mechanic when it releases this October.”

Last edited:

Salz01

Looks pretty damn good. Just hope the performance on console holds up. I think this is UE5 too.

Kurotri

This looks absolutely fantastic. Been saying for a while that this has sleeper hit vibes.

- Amazing art direction and visuals
- Nice build variety (especially liked the second and third build)
- Cool use of two worlds that you can switch back and forth to at any time
- And some to be expected things like Co-op and a fuckin jump button

I hope they release a demo for this, but it doesn't look like it. The only thing I don't like is the sound design, imo combat lacks a little bit of oomph because of that, but it's not tragic. Oh and also with the fire boss at the end, the character literally walks on lava and there is seemingly no burn effect that lasts a while, which I found odd. But again, nothing tragic.

Probably can't day 1 this just yet, will wait for reviews, but I love what they are going for. These types of games live and die by way of how they feel and you can't get that just by watching a video.

Last edited:
Although the animations are a bit eurojank, the graphics and ideas they have(like the parallel worlds for traversal) seem pretty interesting.

I’m hoping it finds more success than the first one.

Reactions: Isa

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Is this an entirely different studio doing the work?
I played through the first, and this looks nothing like it. Seems to be a good deal of Elden Ring influence, which isn’t a bad thing.

Portugeezer

Hard to tell with souls-like games how good they will end up being, but it's looking really good so far.

Hopefully they do some cool stuff with the parallel worlds.

peronmls

Playing the first one right now. It's not bad. Uses a in house engine. I appreciate the tightness and the weight it brings in the combat. I beat the second boss so far. Characters and dialog are meh. A cool graphical feature on the PC version known as in NVIDIA Turbulence is unfortunate bugged and crashes your game after a hour or so of playing so you miss out on particle effects reacting to real-time motion and wind.

GymWolf

The lantern to peek between worlds is neat.
It looks like the thingy you had in dishonored 2 to see the past in one of the latest missions.

da65w7g-45f90da3-e630-4ca4-9726-1a316cb6c1a6.gif

Fbh

Looks great, to the point I think they are doing themselves a disservice by using the Lord of the Fallen name, specially since it's a different dev.
Is this the year other devs will finally figure out how to make good Souls-likes? (between this and lies of P)

Looks pretty damn good. Just hope the performance on console holds up. I think this is UE5 too.

Oh god another 720p 45fps game incoming

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's still weird that this one has the exact same name as the last one. Yeah, reboots happen a lot, but this is only the second game lol.

Looks fantastic but how does it *feel*? Demo would be welcome, cautiously optimistic as I said when the previous trailer was shown. Pyromancer Wolverine looks dope as fuck 👌

ssringo

The only thing I don't like is the sound design, imo combat lacks a little bit of oomph because of that, but it's not tragic
This was the thing I noticed most. Thought it might have been because I was listening with an earbud but seems not. The fists and dagger sounded very limp in general.

Still looks good though. Maybe it's just me but from the footage I was getting Demon's Souls vibes more than Dark Souls.

I'm actually more interested in this than Lies of P.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
First trailer looked more interesting, this demo significantly deflate my expectations

I have to agree, 1st trailer was amazeballs, this video though looked...generic as hell.
It's a souls clone, sure, of course things are going to be and look derivative, between the generic orchestral music though, generic grimdark esthetics, downgraded graphics (?), weak sound effects and dubious animations on some parts...I just don't know anymore.

I'll get this when it hits the inevitable 20-25 Eurodollars price drop

I have to agree, 1st trailer was amazeballs, this video though looked...generic as hell.
It's a souls clone, sure, of course things are going to be and look derivative, between the generic orchestral music though, generic grimdark esthetics, downgraded graphics (?), weak sound effects and dubious animations on some parts...I just don't know anymore.

I'll get this when it hits the inevitable 20-25 Eurodollars price drop
id buy that for a dollar GIF

I won't get it at launch unless it's fantastic.

Denton

This looks awesome and if it was called "Dark Souls IV" and was made by company called "From Software" the hype would be insane.

Second half of this year is very busy and I am pretty sure it will be a bloodbath, many developers are gonna be unhappy getting lost in the shuffle...

Baldur's Gate III
Atlas Fallen
Immortals of Aveum
Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
Starfield
The Crew Motorfest
Lies of P
Mortal Kombat 1
Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty
Payday 3
RoboCop: Rogue City
Forza Motorsport