• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Longtime Treyarch lead David Vonderhaar says he was asked to “disconnect” from Call of Duty in a series of deleted Tweets.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

David Vonderhaar, who has been with Treyarch for 14 years, posted a series of cryptic and not-so-cryptic tweets overnight. The tweets, since deleted, suggest Vonderhaar is done with Call of Duty for now.

“I was asked by someone I respect to disconnect my day to day with the Call of Duty world I was apart of,” wrote the veteran designer. “I respect that. It makes sense. Before I go … Good luck to all the Call of Duty World League Esports heroes.”

“Whatever story you heard is probably true but not the truth. Good shit, guys. Be proud right now. It’s a straight-up honor to you know all,” Vonderhaar said in a different tweet.

“We have come a long way. I can’t help myself in this exact second. I just don’t care what it cost anymore. We did a thing together. It sucked. It was awesome. Pat yourself on the back. Thank you. So much fun to be had.”

The only Tweet that remains (at the time of writing) from that night is a cryptic one that reads, “Starve the ego; feed the soul. Goodnight, and thanks for all the fish.”

Mista

Banned
I didn’t like Black Ops 4 but Vonderhaar got a lot of abuse and I think it affected him mentally. This industry is tough, you gotta learn to stay strong because gamers are a bunch of cunts.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
The part about thanks for all the fish is a reference to Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy where the dolphins tried to warn man of earth’s impending destruction and when it was misinterpreted, decide its time to evacuate. .. sounds like he’s out.

Petrae

That’s gonna be an uncomfortable visit with HR regarding those tweets. Unless he got fired.

Last edited:

Thabass

Gee, it's like releasing the same game every year could wear down a team / people or something.

How about, after Modern Warfare, Call of Duty takes a long break.

Thabass

You think they have three teams working on a new CoD every year so they take a long break? Not happening mate😂

I know it's not. But it should. All three teams should work on new things. They CAN make other games, you know.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Call of Duty games sell about 20 mollion copies + tons of microtrans money. Its a billion dollar+ annual revenue generator.

The studios will make new games when it dies down to 2 million copies..... which isnt happening anytime soon.

Top Bottom