• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIST: Here’s every Activision Blizzard IP Xbox now owns

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
The list of IPs that could potentially be owned by Xbox following Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard includes:

• Blur
  • Caesar
  • Call of Duty
  • Candy Crush
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Diablo
  • DJ Hero
  • Empire Earth
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Geometry Wars
  • Guitar Hero
  • Gun
  • Hearthstone
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Hexen
  • Interstate ’76
  • King’s Quest
  • Laura Bow Mysteries
  • The Lost Vikings
  • Overwatch
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Pitfall
  • Police Quest
  • Prototype
  • Quest for Glory
  • Singularity
  • Skylanders
  • Solider of Fortune
  • Space Quest
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • StarCraft
  • Tenchu (legacy games)
  • TimeShift
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • True Crime
  • World of Warcraft
  • Zork
Xbox parent Microsoft confirmed on Tuesday that it’s acquired Activision Blizzard in the games industry’s biggest-ever deal.

The deal is expected to close in Microsoft’s fiscal year 2023, subject to closing conditions and completion of regulatory review. The transaction has been approved by the boards of directors of both Microsoft and Activision Blizzard.

The acquisition will also add studios such as Infinity Ward, Raven Software, Sledgehammer Games, Toys for Bob and Treyarch to Xbox, bringing its first-party roster to 30 studios, along with additional publishing and esports production capabilities, and a major presence in mobile with the addition of Candy Crush maker King.

Stuart360

Gold Member
Cant remember which studios they were but remember when Matt Booty was talking about 2 of the smaller studios Microsoft bought will struggle to make AAA level games?, well giving some of these old dead franchises to studios like that would be a cool idea. Basically make some AA revivals of some of these classic franchises.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Naked Gun Panic GIF

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just dont see how these were worth 70 billion. I would've guessed 10-20 max.
But MS got the money so their choice. 70Billion on these though, damn!

onesvenus

Just dont see how these were worth 70 billion. I would've guessed 10-20 max.
But MS got the money so their choice. 70Billion on these though, damn!
ActiBlizzard was valued at almost 50B. They had to pay a bonus on top.
They haven't been in the 10-20B range in years

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Geometry Wars needs a comeback story.
GW3 was a great foundation. They just got to amp it up.

The first games were cool, but too similar and the difficulty ramped up so fast I dont think the average person could last more than 10 minutes in that game. And 10 min might even be a stretch. Me included. It starts off so slow, but then ramps up so fast you need god reflexes to last.

GW3 had reasonable difficulty and you could plow through the levels with a sense of progress.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
They can bring some of those IPs back to life.

A StarCraft action adventure game aka StarCraft Ghost.
Crash X Banjo Crossover game
Spyro the Dragon 4
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Reboot
World of Warcraft 2
OverWatch All-stars (featuring Master Chief, Marcus Phoenix).

Reactions: Isa
I hope we get a new True Crime! I loved True Crime: New York City back in the day. Not sure a game where you play as a cop would be well received by the purple segment of the gaming world though. Also not sure which developer I would put on it. Maybe Playground?

• Thoughtful

eNT1TY

Warcraft and Starcraft are quite old and any new projects in those franchises can be potentially huge. Maybe not Minecraft or Pokemon huge but even just approaching is huge. Hell even Overwatch can potentially be huge again.

Banjo64

cumsessed
All of these will suddenly be terrible now according to some.
I mean, to be fair, a lot of them are.

I’d say the strength of Bathesda’s IP was stronger for a core gamer but obviously CoD and Candy Crush are fucking giant.

Still; Starcraft, Overwatch, WoW, CoD, Diablo - it’s not a bad list of current games and the back catalogue additions to Game Pass will be extensive; Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawks, Sekiro, CoD - there will probably be what, 50 or so games to add?

tronied

You're missing all of the classic Sierra Entertainment games (owned by Activision), though I wouldn't recommend adding them any list as there are too many. If you're interested you can see them here

Last edited:
GW3 was a great foundation. They just got to amp it up.

The first games were cool, but too similar and the difficulty ramped up so fast I dont think the average person could last more than 10 minutes in that game. And 10 min might even be a stretch. Me included. It starts off so slow, but then ramps up so fast you need god reflexes to last.

GW3 had reasonable difficulty and you could plow through the levels with a sense of progress.
Geo Wars 2 Retro Evolved was my all-time favorite. If they do reboot the series I hope its along the lines of that. 4k120 HDR with blinding colors and hardcore techno music. Man, I've just getting pumped right now thinking about it haha.

Nautilus

Banned
Honestly, from that whole big list, the ones we can 100%(or at least 99%) expect to have a future in xbox is the ones they show in the banner. Namely:

- Diablo
- Overwatch
- Call Of Duty
- Warcraft(More especifically WOW)
- STARCRAFT

Other seems no brainers to have new entries, like Crash and Spyro, but they probably are not priorities.

VN1X

Banned
I approve of this message. Hopefully they can hand it to Nightdive studios for a remaster.
I totally forgot about Raven/ID doing that!

Ok now I want a next-gen Hexen. None of that Amid Evil nonsense... finished it recently and it was ok but nothing special.

Microsoft I know you're reading this: Put Raven on Hexen and Singularity 2!

Last edited:

Dr Bass

You look at that and it's hard to understand why it's worth so much (more than all of Nintendo). It's just ridiculous how big Call of Duty is. Candy Crush too.
The stock market isn't always rational. Activision has a good amount less revenue and earnings than Nintendo and is valued slightly higher. There are other factors that work into this of course, but yeah ... a lot of craziness in the market lately. I agree though. In terms of "IP" that is a dud of a list. Though it's weird to think how Crash Bandicoot was originally a PSX exclusive developed by Naughty Dog and if this clears regulatory approval (not a given), it could end up as an MS IP haha ...

Last edited:
the list is big....but kotick dismantle so much to support their ever growing COD fiasco(some developers left activision create new studios some join)

to me i feel MS must revive old ip that so popular on PS2/XBOX days like tony hawk or other games....

Last edited:
Top Bottom