• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linking 360 with comp?

Joates

Banned
Ok i downloaded the Windows media connect but its not recognizing the 360 in the devices menu. I have it hotked up through my router to my PC and its not a MCE. Any advice?

monkeyrun

JoatesDogg187 said:
Ok i downloaded the Windows media connect but its not recognizing the 360 in the devices menu. I have it hotked up through my router to my PC and its not a MCE. Any advice?
reinstall windows, it works everytime :lol

sangreal

Did you download the one from microsoft.com or the xbox specific one? Not sure if they are any different, but the xbox one has a different setup wizard tailored for 360.

Your xbox should be seeing the PC, not the other way around.

Also, if you changed your 360 MAC address, it wont automatically be recognized and you'll have to give it permission to connect.

PG2G

Mine didn't recognize the xbox for a while so i just kept trying until it did. Happened that way on both of my PCs :p

stewy

I was having the same problem. This might sound silly, but make sure to go to the Control Panel and get into the Network section. Then Setup or Change your home or small office network. In there, create your network (all you really need to do is name it and click through to finish, don't bother trying to "set up" your Xbox or other computers).

I did this tonight after trying everything else with Media Connect and having no luck. After doing this, my PC recognized the 360 on the first try, and everything works perfectly.

Worth trying before you start downloading and installing/uninstalling various programs.

Top Bottom