• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth coming early 2024 | Xbox Showcase 2023

ProtoByte

That was one of the worst trailers I've seen in my life. We get it, he's naked and in America. Move on to the important part, please.

supernova8

Banned
Same problem I see, in terms of the Ichiban character model being relatively high detail and then everything else being a total afterthought. I mean look at the super low-effort water rendering.

jonnyp

Cannot stand Ichiban or the boring ass turn-based combat. Guess this will be the first Yakuza game I won't play.

oji-san

Banned
Kinda cool ummm trailer, not into the turn-based Yakuza tho i had about 50 hours in Yakuza 7, will try it if it's someday on Game Pass/PS Plus.

Fbh

Having at least part of the game be set outside of Japan would definitely be a breath of fresh air for the franchise

Doczu

Guess I was just confused because the first teaser we saw was of Ichiban and Kiryu together in Kamurocho and all of their behind the scenes stuff showed most of the old crew coming back. It’s very tonally different.
Remember the PS3 exclusive Yakuza zombie game? Now that was tonally different

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is the series in which a city like Kamurocho was reused over and over and over again. Setting at least a part of it outside Japan would be a welcome change.
Like A Dragon (7) was like 90% set in Yokohama. So it's already kind of established that Kasuga's story already takes place mostly outside of Kamurocho.

YukiOnna

Weird, it's just called 8 there but we get this strange alternate title
They kind of messed up by making "Yakuza" the subtitle of 7 over here lol. So have to commit in a way.
That and I think they pushed the numbers out so that people don't feel intimidated whereas in Japan, it's an established IP.

YukiOnna

Welp, we only get a new cutscene from the RGG Summit:

Yeah, they also confirmed that Yokohama will make a return, this foreign country beach, and supposedly many other locations for a grand epic story. Which is okay with me then.

Also, they more or less imply Kiryu isn't going anywhere so I can rest at ease.

GymWolf

What the fuck is this?

I'm starting to get confused here...

So we have yakuza 8 with ichiban and white hairs kiryu

Another yakuza with kiryu doing the bodyguard

And now this thing?

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

It took me some time to realize but yes this is RGG 8, or, the proper sequel to Like a Dragon. Insta hype. LaD was incredible and I felt the turn based and party system actually helped improve the character development since they were around all the time. There was some room for improvement and I hope 8 does just that.

Isa

I watched the RGG Summit before work the other day lol, it was good. Very glad to get confirmation of this being the next installment. My GF hasn't let up on asking when the next game is going to come out, she got down on Like a Dragon more than me and its my favorite in the franchise. Can't wait to see what they do with the next one.

Pimpbaa

The combat in the previous game was tedious and slowed the game down too much. I mean I love jrpgs but we already got tons to choose from, we don’t have a lot of 3D beat ‘em ups. Lost Judgement was a better Yakuza game than LIke a Dragon.

NanaMiku

Sucks for CyGames, all the other have their audience so Relink is going to get cannibalized hard I think.
TBF, GBF already have a big fanbase, the question is are they gonna buy a console just to play it?
GBF is really big in Japan, but the fanbase are of course mobile game player.

Top Bottom