• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth coming early 2024 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyW9LpoaYAUEsU9

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth Coming early 2024​

diffusionx

Gold Member
I enjoyed Y7 a lot, beat it, but it needs way better RPG mechanics. I hope they learned from that game or brought in a veteran from another company or something.

Comandr

Next mainline one, it's called like a dragon now which is it's Japanese name.
Guess I was just confused because the first teaser we saw was of Ichiban and Kiryu together in Kamurocho and all of their behind the scenes stuff showed most of the old crew coming back. It’s very tonally different.

Reactions: Isa
I enjoyed Y7 a lot, beat it, but it needs way better RPG mechanics. I hope they learned from that game or brought in a veteran from another company or something.

I'll second this...combat could've been really cool but was dull with no challenge ...Unless it gets harder/better in the second half. I stopped playing halfway

Isa

This isn't Like A Dragon 8... is it?

Hope it's a business management game.
That's what I thought it was, seems like a spinoff of the great "minigame" I spent so much time in. Even if its smaller in scale thus more focused I wouldn't mind at all. Like another mentioned I can see this plus the Kiryu game setting up the next mainline title. Or maybe I'm totally wrong lol. Either way I'm in.

Labadal

Now that I look at it... it's probably 8, lol. The infinity symbol should have given it away, but I had too much fun watching the trailer.

YukiOnna

Is this 8? Because 8's trailer had them literally in Japan. I have zero interest in USA in anything... so hopefully it's just a one-off location or Ichiban's side of the story.

But the infinity symbol is there...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this 8?
Lots of news outlets are reporting this is indeed 8

YukiOnna

Lots of news outlets are reporting this is indeed 8

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I'll wait for more information I guess before judging too harshly...

Katajx

Gold Member
I need to go back and finish the first one. I was having a good time, and forgot what I started playing instead.

Killer8

I'm predicting there will be a dual storyline with Ichiban in the US and Kiryu in Japan. Kamurocho is for sure still in the game (based on the first trailer) and at the very least this means there will be a new city built from the ground up. If there is one issue with Yakuza, it's the amount of assets that are re-used between games. Lost Judgement even re-used Yokohama from Y7: Like a Dragon. Then again, I do wish it would stick to just showing off Japanese culture.

• Thoughtful

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Seeing Yakuza and Persona announcements in an Xbox showcase is still weird and awesome. Love the progress that's been made with Japanese 3rd parties

Just imagine the amounts of money needed to convince Japanese developers to create games for an audience that doesn't buy their games...

Fabieter

This is the series in which a city like Kamurocho was reused over and over and over again. Setting at least a part of it outside Japan would be a welcome change.

Why does it has to be outside of Japan if they reused Kamotucho alot.

It's not like 80% of modern time based games are in the is are a problem for most people.

Top Bottom