• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die releases on PS4 for free today! (Suda51/Grasshopper Manufacturer Game)

Stencil

A f2p souls like? How does that work... pay to respawn?
Iirc it's asynchronous multiplayer. You fight other players ghosts, not necessarily other players. Basically singleplayer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh ok. I'm down for that. But usually when I hear f2p I think microtransactions.
That unofficial trailer looked cool; any gameplay vids about?

Nachos

Yamaoka confirmed to be the sound director, and man, this game has a good voice cast, even if I only really liked Uncle Death's acting in the trailer.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Found that icon on psn NA, under free games, but if you click on it it says no content online at the moment or something.
Checked jpn and uk/eu store, but can'not find anything for the time being.

BigEmil

A f2p souls like? How does that work... pay to respawn?

Oh ok. I'm down for that. But usually when I hear f2p I think microtransactions.
That unofficial trailer looked cool; any gameplay vids about?
They been developing this for like 3 years and pretty high budget they can't just give it away entirely free, i wonder if most console players mindset is like this otherwise they should port this to Steam instead it would be much more successful why is this PS4 exclusive?

So basically it's free if you don't suck

I'll take that challenge

They been developing this for like 3 years and pretty high budget they can't just give it away entirely free, i wonder if most console players mindset is like this otherwise they should port this to Steam instead it would be much more successful why is this PS4 exclusive?

They could sell it like a normal game? No one is asking for it to be literally free. But F2P usually impacts gameplay negatively

ZdkDzk

For anyone wondering how the Free to Play/Multiplayer aspect works: This guy sums it up well, although there are a lot of spoilers for the story and setting people might not be expecting.

The spoiler free version is that Let it Die is primarily single player game designed around you building and leveling up multiple characters. When one of your characters dies they become an enemy in the world that you have to kill to get the gear you had on them back, but you can pay real world money for in game currency that let's you revive on the spot (useful for boss battles and when your dead character is a much higher level/has much better gear than your others). You can also use the currency to instantly build items (there's an item/blueprint system that works on a timer) and purchase extra inventory slots.

Players can also enter a mode where they invade other player's hub to try and steal one of their characters. If they succeed, the player whose character was stolen has the option to either pay a ransom or invade the thief's base and steal them back.

RPGCrazied

That is what I don't get. Plus is required to play online, so if you don't have Plus, how can you play the game if it has online elements?

Audioboxer

Concept is actually far better than I expected. Will await to see what the F2P system is like. As much as I appreciate devs working on games and offering them free at entry point often F2P just can't work well without annoying players. I mean how else are some of them going to encourage people to spend?

It's not that I begrudge paying money in F2P games it's that most would want to continually drain money from you and before you know it what you do spend feels like you are pissing into the wind. Sorry but unless you are an MMO I don't like chucking more than a typical game £ cost at you and not getting anything to really "keep".

That trailer looked much better than I remember the last time I saw the game. Also it being free and release today means it's an instant purchase lol.

I see it on the store but I can't download it yet for some reason.

Randomizer

Didn't they revamp this into a melee brawler Soul's clone?

Downloading anyway since it's free but last time I saw it looked fun but very rough.

Edit: That trailer is pure Grasshopper.

drotahorror

That trailer looked much better than I remember the last time I saw the game. Also it being free and release today means it's an instant purchase lol.

I see it on the store but I can't download it yet for some reason.

What's that cat or w/e looking super hero game next to Let It Die on the free section?

so can anyone tell me where to find the game? I'm looking all over the store but can't find it

No store listing yet, but if you go to the free section on the ps store (on ps4) you can see a picture of it.

kadotsu

Banned
The trailer had a Get Backers feel. I just wish it wasn't arena multiplayer. I'd love a lootgrinding game in this setting.

Top Bottom