• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larian Studio apparently wants to open another branch. The new studio from the developers of Baldur's Gate 3 might be set up in Poland

445638452.jpg

According to information received by our site from a reliable source, the devs of Baldur's Gate 3 are planning to establish a Polish branch. We're not sure about the exact location, but Warsaw is an obvious candidate. The reports were also confirmed by a second, independent source.

Even though our informers are sure of this information, keep in mind that this is not an official statement and plans can change. Larian Studio hasn't yet replied to our request for commenting on these reports, and the job offers on the developer's official website don't mention anything about the new studio.
However, it's worth noting that this wouldn't be the second or even third branch of Larian Studios. While some still consider it an independent team, the developer now has six studios, with four of them located in Barcelona, Dublin, Ghent, and Guildford.

The Polish contribution to the production of the company's latest hit should also be mentioned. Poles from Anshar Studios (Gamedec, Zoria: Age of Shattering), located in Katowice, helped with Baldur's Gate III. Previously, they collaborated with the Fool's Theory team (The Thaumaturge) to develop several complimentary expansions for Divinity: Original Sin 2, which were distributed as Gift Bags.

So, Polish developers are no strangers to Larian. While we are convinced of the truthfulness of our two independent sources, these plans will only be confirmed after an official announcement from the studio.

Last edited:
Just goes to show that not everyone is laying off in this market.

Those with vision and who have had financial sense in the past see this as a buyer's market now.

nowhat

Fuck. I’d cum.
I'm not going to comment on your orgasms, but... as someone who played the fuck out of NWN and the DLCs, is NWN 2 worth it? At the time it was way beyond my PC specs (and it was notoriously buggy at launch), but I'm pretty sure this current laptop could run it ok, Intel IGP and all.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Shut0wen

What kind of fps? Painkiller was good.
Painkiller was good but every fps thqts came put of poland is sub par if not janky, not even cyberpunk was a good fps, though dying light wasnt to bad but games like dead island and sniper ghost warrior are pretty bad, wouldnt really rate bulletstlorm or call of juarez highly either, not saying polish devs are shit, some of the talent is unbelievable but they do struggle with fps games

Top Bottom