• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Larian founder Swen Vincke wants more studios to make CRPGs after Baldur's Gate 3's success

Dr_Ifto

I'd love a world you playthrough like this in the XCOM universe. The sRPG is already there, just have to make the world. Make the base something you can warp to, but everything is happening in a region, and a massive base at the end.

Office Space Case Of The Mondays GIF

It'd be great if CDPR licensed out Cyberpunk Red and let Larian show out.

I’m very glad that BG3 finally broke though and now made games like this mainstream. That’s awesome. What I want more than anything is Square Enix to go back to a more hardcore RPG style for new FF games, using BG3 as the market test case. Or just remake FF IX next in the FFVII Remake style. But make the combat more traditional.

Last edited:
I'd love a world you playthrough like this in the XCOM universe. The sRPG is already there, just have to make the world. Make the base something you can warp to, but everything is happening in a region, and a massive base at the end.

Not that at all, but have you tried midnight suns? Made by the xcom team and is a hidden gem

Office Space Case Of The Mondays GIF

It'd be great if CDPR licensed out Cyberpunk Red and let Larian show out.
They may as well release their awesome in-house engine for free now as opensource after making the terrible decision to switch over to that stuttering POS Unreal Engine for the next Witcher game. I'm currently playing Phantom Liberty on PC and the RED engine looks amazing and runs great.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Don't sleep on Jagged Alliance 3, people.

I’m very glad that BG3 finally broke though and now made games like this mainstream. That’s awesome. What I want more than anything is Square Enix to go back to a more hardcore RPG style for new FF games, using BG3 as the market test case. Or just remake FF IX next in the FFVII Remake style. But make the combat more traditional.

Square doesn't strike me as the kind of company that would be huge on beastiality.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No, that's fine. Not every WRPG studio needs to make CRPG's. The pacing is a very acquired taste.

Top Bottom