• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Cost Of Being A Woman Who Covers Video Games

rickyEGM

Banned
People realise there is "justice" in SJW? I mean when did justice become the most existential threat to gaming or to the world as we know it? A woman says how she feels. You don't have to show any empathy (God forbid). But to perpetuate the very online toxicity that she deplores in her testimony as a response is juvenile. Mental health issues are on the rise like never before and kill women AND men. It's sad to see people clinging to a world where anything that isn't centered around dudebros and their most cave time instincts is immediately attacked. You must have mothers (although nobody can tell) and some of you sisters. Think about them every now and then when dealing with the other gender. Thanks.
cringe

zenspider

If that privilege is given to you by social retards, than, I am not so sure if that's something to envy.

You’re probably right, but I think it’s worth pointing out this is something of a heist move: “oppression” is a cottage industry, and sister, business is booming.

zenspider

I miss the times when games was just a nerdy thing and being a gamer was the definition of nerdiness.

Nowadays gaming turned into a battlefield where SJWs and Attw*ores are trying to dominate what once was geeks with their fingers filled with Doritos powder's territory

It’s worse! There were more woman in prominent positions in the industry before it broke. (I believe this has been documented on NeoGAF).
The Dorito/Mountain Dew basement dweller is a myth perpetuated by the current regime to make us think they’ve saved us from ourselves. It’s a fucking lie!
You’re right though: the ‘de-nerding’ was the turn - when the money wasn’t too big to leave on the table (with painted Warhammer models on it) -and now, ironically, Being a Gamer has never been more embarrassing.

zenspider

People realise there is "justice" in SJW? I mean when did justice become the most existential threat to gaming or to the world as we know it? A woman says how she feels. You don't have to show any empathy (God forbid). But to perpetuate the very online toxicity that she deplores in her testimony as a response is juvenile. Mental health issues are on the rise like never before and kill women AND men. It's sad to see people clinging to a world where anything that isn't centered around dudebros and their most cave time instincts is immediately attacked. You must have mothers (although nobody can tell) and some of you sisters. Think about them every now and then when dealing with the other gender. Thanks.

That we believe this: that nothing genuine will survive these transparantly mercantile expressions, that this ventriloquist act where a political machine moves it’s hand and the author’s lips moving will fool us, and that you believe we lack mothers, sisters, and genuine compassion and empathy for our inability to express our position; this is the impasse.

Maybe we are missing something. Maybe we are deaf to something that we shouldn’t be. Is there a way where it’s more reasonable to think we might be experiencing a signal-to-noise issue before going all the way to motherless, heartless monsters?

These discussions become like the ‘Gravitron’ ride at the State Fair, or like a centerfuge; once it gets going, it spins everything as far to the wall as possible.
I promise you there is compassion here, and empathy, and real sympathy reserved for people who deserve it. This clickbait article doesn’t illicit that, and because it hits the button on the political Gravitron, it deserves as much contempt as it does reflection.

oagboghi2

The number one way to get SJW bullshit to go away is to stop giving them attention. Unfortunately GAF can't help themselves.

SJWs aren't the real problem, they're a symptom of the problem.

The problem is that the incentives for the media/publications are all based on click views and not quality. SJW material gives a lot of clicks and until that business model is fixed this will continue.
Living in denial is not how you solve a problem

The fucking hypocrisy of women

For those that don't know the wing is a club where women discuss materialistic trash and blah blah.
They're getting upset because men are joining this club and women want it ladies only but the company that hosts this shit can't legally ban men.

Does any of this shit sound familiar🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The fucking hypocrisy of women

For those that don't know the wing is a club where women discuss materialistic trash and blah blah.
They're getting upset because men are joining this club and women want it ladies only but the company that hosts this shit can't legally ban men.

Does any of this shit sound familiar🤣🤣🤣🤣
This is why I'm still a virgin.

Imagine touching a woman after reading that, gross!

GymWolf

This is why I'm still a virgin.

Imagine touching a woman after reading that, gross!
Yeah i don't believe what you are saying...

C3zdHhSUkAAcw-A.jpg

ROMhack

Yes and no.

I think it's largely that covering games in 2k20 is an absolutely shit thing to be doing. Then you have the added fact that women are quite emotional people, so will naturally get affected by criticism in a different way to men. It's not really that you're being oppressed - you're simply being challenged because you're working in a public sphere, in an industry in which, yes, there are some dickheads about.

All of this adds up to one thing:

Don't be a videogame journalist. Get a different job ffs.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I have a mom and seven sisters and none of them beat down my game room door to tell me I’m a fucking asshole because Ivy in Soul Calibur 6 is fighting in a metal thong.
They may think you're a pervert and a creep, though.

Not saying that you are, of course.

lock2k

Banned
I know a few women in their 50s and 60s and every single fucking one of them has precisely zero time for woke bullshit. Old-school feminists in particular find it all a big bag of turds.

I have an ex-boss that is in her 60's, is a grandma, and she is the head of the main company that works with gaming localization here. She is completely anti-woke (and she looks really good, on top of that). I love seeing her school feminists online.

Women are the primary victims of war. They lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat.

Also, one in four homeless people are women. We really do need to change our systemic oppression of women to correct these major issues.
The primary victims of war, one would argue, are any of the ones whom lose their lives over it.

Kotaku and the other sites are now only mouthpieces to corporations. Right now the corporations want to erase western culture and values to be more compatible with the China incentive. Why the do you think GAMING news sites, after 2015, now attack the values and opinions of their readers? Why do you think entertainment sites now cross the line and go after well loved and established movie icons and the even the readers themselves? Corporations are paying them en masse for this push for rapid change and their hopes to install a leader who will deploy their plans. Resist. Time to push back.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
That comment is just too good to be true. :messenger_grinning_squinting: For a 54 year old wamyn, she's just too freakin' BASED !

Hope it is tho, more women like her in vidya !

I believe it's true. I'm an old hag who has been gaming longer than probably a lot of you have been alive and I would most definitely write something like that, in fact it's so good I really wish I had written it.

Top Bottom