• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Korean Artist Kim Jung Gi passes away aged 47

Aggelos

Absolutely shocked and lost for words. What a legend, he was. Requiescat in pace...

"Artist Kim Jung Gi died of ‘sudden’ heart attack in Paris aged 47. Popular cartoonist died in the French capital, where he was due to attend an exhibition of his work."

This is what he was doing a couple of days ago.

Last edited:
Most artists need to rough out their drawings before they lay down the ink, even when its digital, on a small screen. This guy just laid it down on massive canvases with perfect perspective and proportions with no sketching, no mistakes, like a human printer, dynamic as hell style to boot. He was more than talented, he was a genius, the kind of thing he was just born with.

RIP Kim Jung Gi.

Renoir

man. what shit news not only was he a great artist, but he also seemed to be such a great guy.. what a loss

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This guy was an amazing artist and his expertise on perspective was simply jaw dropping. We lost a savant. Sad day.

Here is him just freestyling ...

wasn't familiar with the guy but this is a jaw dropping display. holy shit. just freehanding all that is unfathomable to me. RIP.

I know of this guy. I saw a doco on him once and got the impression he was some kind of freehand artistic genius. I think he drew some hot girls too.
RIP.

UnNamed

Banned
I used to see his videos, other artists have to set everything up before drawing the scene, while he had everything in mind from the start and he started to draw with no reference point.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I literally saw one of his videos last week.

I'm a little shaken by dude dying at 47 from a damn heart failure. I'm 47. I'm not as thin as he was.

Time to hit the gym.

Top Bottom