• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami will announce a new game at TGS2022 that is described as being part of a series that is "beloved around the world"

Loll Bomberman.

Konami is clearly referring to a game that has sold well and is known WW, the only games that fit that category are MGS, PES, and Yugioh. Maybe if you push hard you can include Silent Hill on that list.

PES is Efootball now, and Yugioh is unlikely since that's a mobile and PC focus right now, unless they decided to make an explorable RPG game but Konami isn't likely to do such a thing when all the mobile and PC apps, including the new one just released, are making bank.

So that only Leaves, MGS and Silent Hill.

It's MGS most likely. Unless they are trying another big Frogger game again which didin't work each time they tried it.

Weird if they'd pick Suikoden of all the Konami brands to continue, especially since both Yoshitaka Murayama and Junko Kawano (and probably others from the team) left long ago and are making the spiritual successor game Eiyuden Chronicle.

Suikoden is also not a good selling franchise, and was not known much around the world, and it's peak relevance was on the PS1.

Could be Yugioh or Zone of the Enders, I'm assuming it will be something that will require some type of Voice acting since Yuki Kaji (Voice of Eren Yaeger A.O.T.) will be a guest as well as others which were not named. It is worth pointing out that Yuki Kaji was a voice actor for Jowy Atreides in the Suikoden 2 Drama CD.

Really hope it is Suikoden. Konami has been doing a lot of ports of older classics lately so my guess it is just a modern port of Suikoden 1 & 2 with added voice acting.

It would not take a lot of effort if it was just a hi-def port, with remastered audio, and QoL implementations.

Cmon Konami my money is ready!

Pallas

Loll Bomberman.

Konami is clearly referring to a game that has sold well and is known WW, the only games that fit that category are MGS, PES, and Yugioh. Maybe if you push hard you can include Silent Hill on that list.

PES is Efootball now, and Yugioh is unlikely since that's a mobile and PC focus right now, unless they decided to make an explorable RPG game but Konami isn't likely to do such a thing when all the mobile and PC apps, including the new one just released, are making bank.

So that only Leaves, MGS and Silent Hill.

It's MGS most likely. Unless they are trying another big Frogger game again which didin't work each time they tried it.

Suikoden is also not a good selling franchise, and was not known much around the world, and it's peak relevance was on the PS1.
Wasn’t a huge seller but the spiritual successor broke a lot of records when the original creators of that series launched their kickstarter.

Don’t underestimate the popularity of that series, there’s a huge cult following of it. Nonetheless if it is Suikoden, I expect sone sort of port/remaster collection or a gacha phone game.

Im very skeptical that they would release a true sequel(or prequel) to Suikoden 5 and the DS and PSP games that were Suikoden(Tierkreis and the Japan only psp title Gensō Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki) had nothing to do with the stories of the original games(Suikoden 1-5) while decent games on their own, weren’t very popular and wasn’t met well with the fan base because they didn’t continue the story on the original world.

But who knows, it’s Konami.

reinking

Gold Member
"beloved around the world" = "she has a great personality"

dating app GIF

Wasn’t a huge seller but the spiritual successor broke a lot of records when the original creators of that series launched their kickstarter.

Don’t underestimate the popularity of that series, there’s a huge cult following of it. Nonetheless if it is Suikoden, I expect sone sort of port/remaster collection or a gacha phone game.

Im very skeptical that they would release a true sequel(or prequel) to Suikoden 5 and the DS and PSP games that were Suikoden(Tierkreis and the Japan only psp title Gensō Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki) had nothing to do with the stories of the original games(Suikoden 1-5) while decent games on their own, weren’t very popular and wasn’t met well with the fan base because they didn’t continue the story on the original world.

But who knows, it’s Konami.

That cult is a niche.

Probably more Niche than Shenmue after launch and the graphics novelty wore off. People barely remember it outside of hardcore Sega nuts who for some reason though the game was a masterpeice or more innovative than it actually was. Suikoden is another series where some fans like to act liek it was a mjaor series when it wasn't. People who like Eiyuden or whatever it's called are in that same niche, and sometimes that niche can reach nice numbers but the growth is capped.

MGS, Frogger, and Yugioh are known brands in comparison.,

Rac3r

MGS4 next-gen remaster or MGS complete collection? I don't think it's Silent Hill as most rumors have mentioned Sony's "involvement", and they'd likely announce it at their own show.

NeptuneCL

The people always, always complains Konami for not making a new Silent Hill, but thet didn´t know or forget that the sells of SH3 and 4 were TERRIBLE, despite they have good reviews. In comparison, Resident Evil sold more, a lot more and that´s why Konami, in a strategic way, stop doing new SH games and disolve the Silent Team.

Let´s not forget that Konami is company who looks for profit and not loses.

Stop talking about SH and If they do a new one, let´s hope it is good and BUY it.

Last edited:

LiquidRex

According to Paul from Redgamingtech that Metal Gear Remake and Bloodborne are dead... He was one of the first to say MGS Remake was real and it's the first time he's mentioned Mark Cerny was to be technical director for MGS Remake. Jump to 11:30

LiquidRex

I have a bad feeling about what Konami will show.... Third rate remasters of Silent Hill and MGS are not what I want... I grew up with these titles. 🔥😠

According to Paul from Redgamingtech that Metal Gear Remake and Bloodborne are dead... He was one of the first to say MGS Remake was real and it's the first time he's mentioned Mark Cerny was to be technical director for MGS Remake. Jump to 11:30

What does Konami have to do with Bloodborne?? It's a Fromsoftware Game.

Soodanim

I want a new Rocket Night, but make it as batshit crazy as DmC and Bayonetta.
As much as I want a new Rocket Knight, after the last disappointment I don't trust them with that IP. I'd rather they let it die until Konami goes under and a competent developer picks it up, even though that won't happen.

I can't imagine what you're thinking of as a batshit crazy RK

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Metal Gear Survive Remake
*Built from the ground up for PS5.
£70

Top Bottom