• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami will announce a new game at TGS2022 that is described as being part of a series that is "beloved around the world"

This won't end well

Gaf expectations:

jon stewart wish GIF
silent hill film GIF

reality:

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

is MGS loved around the world? I thought it was more just a Japan/US loved game.
It's quite loved in Europe as well. That leaves out who? the russians?
Silient Hill is too niche to be called loved around the world. Same with Zone of the Enders (even though I'd love a new game in the series!)
Silent Hill is as niche as any horror game or film series.
Bomberman is hardly worth the characters I used to type its name.
Bomberman is always good as a party game. The issue is launching it full price. It can never be AAA.
Castlevania is basically a dead franchise only loved by retro self hating basement dwellers, it wouldn't be worth the dev cost to make a new one unless it was given a indy budget.
You sound like Hiroshi Yamauchi dissing RPG's.

Castlevania is still very influential and had a netflix series a few years ago as well as good/proper arcade re-releases of some games.

They could still pull it if they wanted, but current Konami seems inept. Regardless you see multiple games that could be Castlevania but aren't being released every generation.

SJRB

Gold Member
Zero percent chance this will end up being anything anyone is remotely interested in.

Tone deaf Konami will strike again.

What happened between Kojima and Konami?
Bitter divorce. Konami was cheating on Kojima with mobile gaming and gambling machines and Kojima was bothered by the pressure to rush fostering his last pregnancy. Konami also felt Kojima was a high maintenance stay at home mom, so they tried to get sole custody of the children, MGS5:TPP, MGS, Kojima Productions and Fox Engine. MGS5: The Phantom Pain was stillborn at 7 months, Kojima Productions applied to live with their mom and Fox Engine turned into Foxdie, Kojima left, recovered from his wounds and remarried with his child, Kojima Productions then made a game about a 7 month stillborn baby.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Whatever it is, I'm betting on either gacha or mobile devices.

Probably both.

Nickolaidas

I think the unannounced project will be something of 'huh. cool'. I don't think you announce a to-be-revealed title which is probably going to be your magnum opus in that presentation and have something completely tone deaf.

Also, nice to hear that Castlevania, Metal Gear and Silent Hill are heavily worked on for a massive comeback. About fucking time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Metal gear solid is pretty untalked about these days it’s a franchise than you can have some really good fun with.

Top Bottom