• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami will announce a new game at TGS2022 that is described as being part of a series that is "beloved around the world"

LiquidRex

So what you're saying is this fucking guy has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

Noted.
He has very good sources and has been on point 95% of the time on his channel, he was the first to confirm there was remakes planned for Bloodborne and MGS but they are now dead .. he was told at the time Cerny was involved with MGS but kept this to himself until now.

Don't get you hopes up for the Konami event it could be bloody Frogger for all we know... I for one wouldn't be excited for any Remaster... How the hell can you justify remasters of titles that are 20+ years old in regards to MGS, Remakes absolutely but not remasters. 🤦‍♂️

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I just started a new file on MGS5, for the first time since it originally released.

I’m going through each mission, just trying to survive, and make it through to to the end.

This is in contrast to the repetitious hunt for a perfect score on every mission, which had consumed my last play through. This time, I just want to make it out alive.

And that was something I enjoyed more in the previous MGS games - the NEED to think on your toes when the situation becomes dire. Sure, you could load a previous file, if you desired, but it wasn’t encouraged.

I miss that aspect of MGS.

With MGSV, I found myself restarting the mission whenever I’d get caught, because there was no point in continuing, if my goal was to achieve an “S” rank. But doing that takes away all the fun of the game.

It steals away what are meant to be the most thrilling moments - diving into the water to escape gunfire, before lighting up enemies, from below the deck, going Mano y Mano with a helicopter, or just holding an enemy hostage, while you pop out the knee-caps of his paralyzed ally.

I’m trying to get some of that back by pretending I only have one chance to accomplish each mission.

consoul

Dance Masters is back.
e12_1zq16.gif

Last edited:

Holammer

Hey guis! I KnOw!

ThEy're gOinG to cAsh in oN the VamPire SurvIVors Aktion Rouge-like TREnd wiTh a CastLEvaNia thEmeD clone!!1½

Shifty1897

People are saying Suikoden but it's 2022 and everything is terrible so it's probably a gacha mobile game if it exists.

Naked Lunch

I really dont understand the hype for a new Silent Hill.
Seriously let that shit go.
We had a bunch of Silent Hill games not made by the original Team Silent after SH4 and they are all an embarrassment.
There is no going back. Just stick with SH 1-4 and be happy someone in this industry took the artform so seriously.

Suikoden being the game they chose is long overdue. Definitely deserving.

Fools idol

Banned
Konami is no longer interested in making games like they did in the 90's and it's a hard reality fans will forever mourn over.

Japan as a market has changed unrecognisably these past 5-10 years. Mobile games and TikTok generation don't give a fuck about anything older gamers do.

kiphalfton

We had a bunch of Silent Hill games not made by the original Team Silent after SH4 and they are all an embarrassment.
There is no going back. Just stick with SH 1-4 and be happy someone in this industry took the artform so seriously.

Suikoden being the game they chose is long overdue. Definitely deserving.

Imagine having 4 good games and still bitching about not having more. Some series have like one good game, and then are done.

Lunarorbit

Why wait this long Konami? Seriously the time to release this collection was at least 5 years ago. Looks like they did the bare minimum to spruce these games up. Same character models and super static fighting animations.

I bought and played the first 2 suikodens when they came out and loved them. Tried playing them on the vita a few years ago and it's easy too slow. With eiyudan chronicles coming out this just looks desperate.

Impotaku

Dance Masters is back.
e12_1zq16.gif
lol i know exactly the song they are playing in dance evolution that clip geisha's dream has a unique start to it. I wish konami would bring their more recent arcade music titles to consoles. I'd fucking kill for a proper version of sound voltex, i refuse to play that jank smartphone version.

Top Bottom