• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom of the Dead: a pen and ink drawn horror FPS

Bullet Club

This game looks pretty sexy. It's out on Steam in a couple of days.

HlYkaRI.gif

aGPbgay.gif

KINGDOM of the DEAD is a pen and ink drawn horror FPS videogame where you play as Agent Chamberlain, professor turned Army General, now working for the secret government program known as GATEKEEPER, whose main purpose is to defeat Death and his armies.

Features:
• Close the Gates of Death, exploring 8 remote locations along the US East Coast
• Unique black & white, hand-drawn visuals
• 8 weapons, 22+ enemies and old school bosses
• Replayability like in the '90s, with different goals at each difficulty level
• Cheat codes and customizable color palette

I like the art style, but I watched a video and the feel doesn't seem like it would click with me. I'll keep my eyes on reviews though.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Kingdom of the Dead’s poor visual presentation coupled with lackluster bosses and game-breaking bugs mars down the game's many strengths by a significant margin.

Kingdom of the Dead might end up appealing to fans wanting to relive the glory days of Quake, but even so - it isn't anything particularly exceptional.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
It's a good, fun little shooter. Reminds me a lot of Clive Barker's Undying, with all the jank included. About 3 hours to finish up all 9 levels on the hardest difficulty (which is pretty darn easy, tbh). For the price of a fast food meal, I think it was worth it.

Top Bottom