• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) announced, launch title [1080p/30fps]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibbz

Killzone knocked it out the fucking park. Back in Vekta, cherry blossom on the ground, fuck so good.

The new infiltrator looks bad ass.

Coolwhip

Banned
Bascially what I expected. It looks very similar to Crysis 3 tbh, in style too. Which is pretty soulless. I liked the art direction in previous KZ games better.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Looks real good, but was kinda hoping for a storyline where you play as a Helghast. Since the ISA is filled with a bunch of pricks lol

Saty

Maybe i need to watch again in HD, but was i supposed to be floored by it? Didn't strike me as close to the little i've seen of Crysis 3.

Capcom's game however did look amazing.

feel

That looked absolutely incredible, then the shooting started and it's just the same shit we've seen a million times this gen.. :(

Wow, those screens are insane. I really hope they tone down the Call of Duty pacing and gameplay from KZ3 (and this entire reveal, honestly), but man is it gonna look good.

16g8mewn.gif

Branduil

The graphics were certainly very impressive, but the gameplay inspired nothing but apathy from me. I didn't see anything different from other, current cinematic shooters. I guess it's just not for me.

I really enjoyed sonys conference but killzone was awesome and then not so awesome at the same time. The game looked stunning. I loved how vast it was and it shows that 8 gigs of memory goes a long way. The gameplay looked boring as hell and reminded me how awesome killzone 2 looked but how terrible of a game it was IMO. Killzone was probably the least exciting part for me.

I do love the art direction that GG took with Killzone Shadow Fall. I'm not the biggest fan of the Killzone series but I do enjoy them. Depending on how it shapes up (and the overall release list of games), this title may be a guaranteed title for me when I get my PS4 this Holiday season.

i-Lo

To put things in perspective: They started development with less than 2GB GDDR5 in the beginning and then perhaps to less than 4GB and now less than 8GB. This is a launch generation game and just imagine what they will do with their subsequent projects.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Shadow Fall looks damn good. The grenade smoke kinda blew my mind.

I love the concept, so I'm definitely in.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Guerilla/Crytek pissing contest is funny because both make insanely gorgeous games that are boring to play!

The game is set in a near future, thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

Not too keen on the premise either. Vektans and Helghast living on the same planet sounds stupid. A lot of people wanted a gritty, powerful story and I can't see this having that based on the premise. Think this game is going to suck actually.

TheExodu5

Banned
You are seriously going to tell me that this KZ 4 demo was not MUCH more impressive than Crysis 3 maxed out ?

Of course it is !! Crysis 3 on PC does not target those kind of specs, and it's completely stupid for people to have claimed that next-gen consoles shoudn't hope to match those visuals. Hahaha not only they will crush the bar set by Crytek....But they will do IT AT LAUNCH.

Sooooooo Gooooooooooooooood.

Wow.

Looks insane.

GG BETTER have co op campaign AND objectives. They have never gotten this right. It's a much needed/wanted feature in this day and age.

A.R.K

Loved the technology and the amazing graphics

BUT !!!! what the hell have they done to KZ :((...this looked more like a COD...where is the art direction of KZ?? The animations looked not even close to KZ2 or KZ3. I hope this all changes by the time it gets a release.

jett

D-Member
killzoneshadowfallannluotp.jpg

They need to tighten up the graphics in level 3.

JK, it looked fantastic, and clearly, as my picture demonstrates, real-time.

The game is set in a near future, thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. The world is a very different place; two rival factions known as the Helghast and the Vektans live side by side in a futuristic city, divided by a vast wall.

Tensions are high, and the cold war they are embroiled in is about to go hot. In the midst of this all stands a Shadow Marshal, you. The most special of the special forces, tasked with maintaining the delicate balance.

From responding to bold attacks, to quiet infiltrations or all out combat, you will be required to adapt and think on your feet as you have to face a variety of escalating events that could destroy your home world.

Not too keen on the premise either. Vektans and Helghast living on the same planet sounds stupid. A lot of people wanted a gritty, powerful story and I can't see this having that based on the premise. Certainly not what I was hoping for and looks like they are continuing the downward spiral that was KZ3.

Texturing: Crysis 3 is better.
Skin shaders: Crysis is better.
Particle effects: Crysis 3 is better.
Resolution: Crysis 3 PC is better.

Killzone: Shadow Falls in no way matches or surpasses Crysis 3 PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom