• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kerbal Space Program 2 releases in Early Access today

SJRB

Gold Member

This kinda came out of nowhere for me, but here we are. It releases later today.

Anyone diving in?

The system requirements:

KSP2_SystemSpecs_V9.thumb.png.55e27ae8bad6999b4d185a85fab81afc.png

Lasha

KSP2 is number 1 on my wishlist. I'm waiting because the current release seems to be a buggy version of the original game. None of the new stuff except the engine is in place and even that is in a rough state. I'll let it sit for a bit.

LostDonkey

Whats wrong with that? That card is now almost 5 years old. I'm glad we are seeing more dev's pushing things forward and leaving behind the old generations.
Doesn't matter how old it is. That's a card that can easily run plenty games with huge fidelity over this at 1080p at 60fps+. FH5 being one of them. It's still an 8tf card.

LostDonkey

what the fuck!!

did we know it was coming out today before today? :messenger_tears_of_joy: or maybe i'm out of the loop.

If it's not a complete buggy mess then I'll grab it right away.

It's a card from 5 years ago :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
At a resolution from 15 years ago?

Look, I can run star citizen at 1080p, 45-60 fps on very high settings on a normal 1070, never mind a TI. You're not telling me this is more demanding on LOW. Not having it.

Last edited:

SCB3

What makes this so different than the first game really, I never did manage to get to Mun and back

Kacho

What makes this so different than the first game really, I never did manage to get to Mun and back
Better graphics, better tutorials, more beginner friendly, interstellar travel, colonies, among other stuff.

Kacho

I just said I couldn't get back from Mun and you're expecting me to do Interstellar travel!

But thanks, I'll maybe take a look at this
I want to say the developers acknowledged that a while back. Something about most players not getting very far in their journey for multiple reasons.

That’s why they’re making things more accessible this time around and offering a more robust tutorial.

SJRB

Gold Member
Game is getting blasted on Steam. Mixed score with ~ 2500 reviews.

Another one bites the dust...

iu

Top Bottom