• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KEANU REEVES will return to play Johnny Silverhand again in the CYBERPUNK 2077 Expansion, PHANTOM LIBERTY.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This game will be good eventually, but by then I will have lost all interest to revisit it. Number one issue for me is the pointless open world. Doesn't sound like they are doing much of anything to address that.

More like big fuck you to users? Is this world first when a company released an expansion exclusively for some systems?
First off, no definitely not the first time this has happened.

Also, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and literally all Switch ports of Wii U games say “hey”.

;)

Last edited:

GHG

Ok, then they have no obligation whatsoever to offer any compensation to last-gen users that bought the most expensive edition of the game.

Which is ridiculous condisering how much it cost.

But whatever the suckers knew what they were getting.

fatmarco

Look…were they over ambitious with their xbox one x markeing push? Lol yes, its a great console, but the crap cpu means that this game is still a joke on it. Im glad they realized that last gen was holding them back so much, and hopefully it means we get a smoother and quicker content pipe line for the pc, and next gen versions

It appears alright now on One X, although it's irrelevant really, as you can't release a game exclusively on One X and not the base One.

Denton

Glad last gen got dropped.

"But what about the poor PS4 players??? So evil from CDP to deliver badly performing game and then not provide expansion!!!"

Bitch please. Refunds were available for everyone as is the free next gen update.

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone says - CP2077 is a fucking amazing game. I'm hyped for this.
This x1000

I'm not into games the way GAF is into games. I don't follow devs every word or buy into the hype. I don't give a shit about sales or investor calls. I just want to play games, and no amount of "crunch" articles or anything else is going to sway how I feel about it. Cyberpunk 2077 despite all the flaws was an amazing game and I will be there day 1 for any expansion content.

Last edited:

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Did they redevelop the AI systems?
Has the city recovered from Covid as there's very few people around?
Did they fix the bugs?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't wait to play it in 2025.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Definitely down to jump back in. Cross progression is nice too, I might jump over to the PS5 version.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Will download if free.

I'm still convinced that my game is flawed and is missing story elements. Every time I play, stuff happens but I couldn't tell you what the hell is going on.

Truly one of the mist bizarre games I've ever played.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I'm a fan of the original cyberpunk RPG (pen&paper) but didn't bought the CDP game due to the lies and awful state of the console versions.
Now, with many patches and a full expansion i might reconsider, assuming a mostly bug free launch this time.

SF Kosmo

So today's update is just some bullshit items and no bug fixes/improvements? What have they been doing this entire time?
1) No, no one said there wouldn't be bugfixes in the changelog, it just isn't the focus of the presentation.

2) The game really isn't that buggy at this point.

It's time to give up on whatever you thought this game might be during the pre-release hype and accept the game for the reality of what it is, which is still a solid 9/10 game, but not a revolutionary product that redefines gaming.

SF Kosmo

More like big fuck you to users? Is this world first when a company released an expansion exclusively for some systems?
No, of course it's not. You think Rockstar still supports the PS3/360 GTA5?

Launching this game on last gen was a huge mistake. They offered refunds to everyone that got them, they've dumped tons of resources into the lost cause that is the last gen ports, and they've made the upgrade path to next gen free. That's all they can do for their customers at this point.

danklord

Gold Member
Everything is there for them to create several deep expansions that leverage their established storytelling chops while pushing the engine to it's limits and create a content platform. There's so much to get out of Night City. I can't wait for this comeback.

Last edited:
This x1000

I'm not into games the way GAF is into games. I don't follow devs every word or buy into the hype. I don't give a shit about sales or investor calls. I just want to play games, and no amount of "crunch" articles or anything else is going to sqay how I feel about it. Cyberpunk 2077 despite all the flaws was an amazing game and I will be there day 1 for any expansion content.

It's mediocre if you are looking for a GTA clone. As a narrative-driven game it's definitely an unmissable experience. Such a great cast of characters (River, Jackie, Panam, Johnny, Kerry), fun and varied missions, remarkable atmosphere.

Ahh, I think I'm due for another playthrough.

Everything is there for them to create several deep expansions that leverage their established storytelling chops while pushing the engine to it's limits and create a content platform. There's so much to get out of Night City. I can't wait for this comeback.
It's not a comeback. It's farewell with the IP before getting all hands on deck for witcher 4 production

Madflavor

I played the game at launch and at 1.5. If they're adding Transmog, updated Police system, and vehicle combat with 1.6, and then the expansion DLC, then at that point I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played it yet or was burned by it to give it another shot.

samoilaaa

seriously some people just cant be pleased , if they made the expansions for ps4/xboxo and ran like crap everyone would be "fuck you cdpr" if they make it only for curent gen to make sure it runs properly " fuck you cdpr "

It's mediocre if you are looking for a GTA clone. As a narrative-driven game it's definitely an unmissable experience. Such a great cast of characters (River, Jackie, Panam, Johnny, Kerry), fun and varied missions, remarkable atmosphere.

Ahh, I think I'm due for another playthrough.
The River missions didn't really unlock for me (or I didn't notice them) until after I completed the main quest and played all the endings open to me. I figured it was the last bit of good story content until I was left with finishing all the small side stuff I neglected, and therefore I really took my time and let the atmosphere of River and his whole set of issues really marinate. Wow, by far the best side story in the game as far as I'm concerned and I am really looking forward to when a New Game + comes out so I can go back and replay the game fresh, take my time and just bask in this game again.

LordCBH

Despite the big ass issues I STILL ended up really enjoying the base game. Cautiously optimistic for this expansion. Need to revisit the game on pc now thst it’s been patched a shit ton of times.

I'm very doubtful Keanu needs the money, the man is absolutely loaded. I have to give him props, he clearly has some interest in the game and staff at CJProject Red.
He probably doesn't even need to leave his home to record the lines LOL. Get paid thousands of dollars to sit in a quiet room for a few hours and record some lines of dialogue, even for a rich person that's just a no-brainer.

It's great that Reeves is returning. On PC at least, one of the coolest NPC companions ever. Probably won't see this for a solid year though.

Last edited:
It's crazy that by the time police encounters are improved and "overhauled" vehicle combat is added through updates, it will have been over 2 years since the launch of the game. Two years to deliver an experience that should have been available from day one.

shubik

This ain't it. It's just DLC and most people have already moved on. Their homerun will need to be the next Witcher.
I think you greatly underestimate the importance of the situation CDPR is facing. They have a TV show coming up that will create a whole lot of new fans for the IP. They will buy the game and the DLC as well. Public perception could change quickly. Just like the negative sentiment they are currently facing.

This could be a legit way out of the crisis for them. If they can deliver on the DLC they can buy themself a lot of time and goodwill for the upcoming Witcher game. Don´t forget about the Stakeholders breathing down their necks...

Last generation, whatever happened there

3i9qudki79351.jpg

Last edited:

Hugare

I reaaally want to replay it, but I'll wait until the police overhaul is released.

Cant watch the trailer because I'm at work, but I loved everything on the patch notes.

They havent abandoned the game, thank god

It has so much potential

Last edited:

Woggleman

Nothing against Keanu Reeves but Silverhand was my least favorite part of the game. They should have went in another direction.

This looks great. Glad they dropped the last gen consoles, this should give their artists a bit more flexibility.

I hope some of the characters from the long side quests (Judy, River, Claire, etc) get additional content added as well.

Top Bottom