• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

Yeah, you're likely remembering a sequence from the novel and somehow mentally inserted it into the movie. There's a young raptor that plays a role in the novel.

Brains are so damn weird. I wonder if I inserted the pages from the coloring book too. Even now, despite knowing the scene never existed, I can remember it really clearly.

Blablurn

Okay, this was fucking brutal, would love to see this in the movie.

Great that they got the sounds right too.

I'm sold.

PgCW2wy.gif

Thats the Rex I fell in love with. Not that piece of shit from JW.

IIRC the original JP rights for building toys is tied up at some dead company or something. :(

Nope, AFAIK LEGO has the license. Universal bundles Jurassic World and Park licenses together - or they could bypass it by putting it out with a JW logo, but JP visual assets.

Why they have chosen not to pursue it though is beyond me.

I wonder if the Lego game gets an expansion and bundle rerelease.

But that would mean having to update my game after going through all that trouble after I had deleted my save and data and worked my way back up to unlocking a T-Rex in freeplay to see if I could escape the pen again.

Nope, AFAIK LEGO has the license. Universal bundles Jurassic World and Park licenses together - or they could bypass it by putting it out with a JW logo, but JP visual assets.

Why they have chosen not to pursue it though is beyond me.
Huh, I could sworn when they passed on that one Lego Ideas set a second time it was revealed there was a legacy license still in place for JP. Must be thinking of something else. (maybe it was non-Mario Nintendo IPs?)

Finally bought the PS2 version (again), so now I have all three versions of Operation Genesis!

Originally had the PS2 version when the game was first released, but my brother ended up trading it into GameStop for some World of Warcraft time cards... without asking me.

zClXKJI.jpg

Finally bought the PS2 version (again), so now I have all three versions of Operation Genesis!

Originally had the PS2 version when the game was first released, but my brother ended up trading it into GameStop for some World of Warcraft time cards... without asking me.

zClXKJI.jpg
How is it on PS2? I passed on the game because I wanted something action oriented back then. Might head to a Gamexchange if good. About to do some research.

How is it on PS2? I passed on the game because I wanted something action oriented back then. Might head to a Gamexchange if good. About to do some research.
Already been said but yeah go with the PC version if possible. The console versions, especially the PS2 one, are inferior and expensive.

Jawmuncher

I thought this was cool. They were pulling off tons of billboard ads and this was there. Not mine and I don't have a source

img_3132xkjk7.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am going to the DinoPark on wednesday when everything turns out right.
Its a park with life sized dinosaur
statues
in their natural setting.
I love it to be there. Anyone want some pictures?

I am going to the DinoPark on wednesday when everything turns out right.
Its a park with life sized dinosaur
statues
in their natural setting.
I love it to be there. Anyone want some pictures?
We have one here in CT called Dinosaur Place.

The Dilo, based on JP's, is actually animated with sounds and spits water. Quite neat despite the cliched inaccuracy.

Yeah, please share some pics. Would love to check out the quality.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta get me some of that cereal.

Also, those inevitably shitty chicken nuggets.

I wish I could eat the ice cream. T_T

I may buy some of these. JP merch gets me every single time! Last year I got the fruit snacks (which are the same ones that each licensed movie/cartoon tv shows gets, but I like them) and a pillow from Walmart (which sucked and became a dog pillow). This merch is very raptor-heavy so I'm all there! ...did not like the rex render for World on everything.

Rex render in general needs work, she's still the doofy looking one from the last one from what I can tell, but it looks better than the art the used for the first World merch yeah.

Amalthea

Banned
I want some candy/chocolate surprise eggs, love me some surprise eggs.

JW only had ones in Mexico and I usually don't want to get chocolate in summer sent by mail because it could melt.

DonMigs85

I wonder if Rexy and Blue have become friends, helping each other to hunt on Nublar
Like maybe Blue drives prey (Parasaurs or something) towards the waiting Rexy, who is too old and slow to chase prey herself. Then they both partake of the flesh.

Download the Prehistoric Kingdom demo on Steam. Even in it;s pre-alpha stage, it already looks very good. It's a worthy successor to JPOG. Plus, chances are, it'll come out before the new JP based park builder.

kingdom-customizatiokvs2p.jpeg

kingdom-182san.jpeg

2wkj4.jpg

d5s0l.jpg

Top Bottom