• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier gets his Privilege checked by Neil Druckmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiNeMz

Banned
Can someone explain to me why the world uses twitter? Its seems its spiralling us into our own destructions. Why anyone thingk they can have a civil discussion on it is beyond me.

I would love to see a parody real life twitter conversation.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can someone explain to me why the world uses twitter? Its seems its spiralling us into our own destructions. Why anyone thingk they can have a civil discussion on it is beyond me.

I would love to see a parody real life twitter conversation.

Twitter is the perfect thesis that we have become far too comfortable as a western society, and human's natural (tribal) recess is to constantly be at conflict with one another.

Shmunter

Can someone explain the whole MJ tweet? What is all that about and what even led to that?
MJ donating 100M to the community over 10 years, Schreier made joke MJ thought its gambling betting on black. It’s a joke because MJ is said to be a gambler.

Silly joke, nothing more to it. But the perpetually offended can crank it to 11 and it shows how hypocritical it is coming from Schreire who is an advocate of the most stringent purity tests.

KiNeMz

Banned
Twitter is the perfect thesis that we have become far too comfortable as a western society, and human's natural (tribal) recess is to constantly be at conflict with one another.

yea i know. but whats great is if we were at a dinner with our families and I didnt like your response, I can block you for hearing anything i have to say. Hahaha. Blocked. You now cannot hear me.

Unless, you come in wearing a disguise and new outfit. Now you can hear me again.

But now the whole restaurant is upset at what I said and are all yelling at me at the same time. But I am only concerned in listening to the Restaurant Patrons who are COnfirmed GOLDEN MEMEBRS so everyone else is irrelevant. On top of that I am getting every message in 2 pieces due to the 15 sounds per minute sound limit.

Now Ive detected your disguise so I block you and the whole restaurant.

Now I am eating alone in piece.

Twitter makes a beautiful world.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
usAgnsy.png

evGjaVQ.png

Surely it's the place of a 33 year old white dude to joke about a 57 year old black man, who was born and raised in the south, donating to a black charities during one of the largest social movements of our time. Way to exert your privilege, Jason. Michael needs to know his place.

Who's the Jerk again? Maybe we should ask Cannata, Balrog, and Druckmann.

Fucking clown.

Last edited:

Cycom

Banned
Surely it's the place of a 33 year old white dude to joke about a 57 year old black man, who was born and raised in the south, donating to a black charities during one of the largest social movements of our time. Way to exert your privilege, Jason. Michael needs to know his place.

Fucking clown.
Just allow them to eat themselves. It’s quite satisfying to witness.

rob305

Fucking clown.
It was intended as a snarky jab at MJ because he apparently has a gambling addiction

Very PC of him

GhostOfTsu

Banned
After Michael Jordan announced his $100 million pledge to racial equality organizations, Schreier made a bad joke about how MJ must have thought he was playing roulette and said " $100 million on black"
MJ donating 100M to the community over 10 years, Schreier made joke MJ thought its gambling betting on black. It’s a joke because MJ is said to be a gambler.

If I follow his logic with the Schindler's List tweet, when he said "always bet on black" he really meant the police should always target blacks. That's how I interpret it.

How come he's not cancelled yet?

bender

What time is it?
It was intended as a snarky jab at MJ because he apparently has a gambling addiction

Very PC of him

More than just that.

MJ was smeared when his father was murdered because of his "gambling addiction". His first retirement was also smeared as a secret league ban because of his gambling. Both are complete horseshit. MJ has a competitive addiction and not a gambling addition. While the sums he gambles regularly are large, he has so much wealth it is little more than you or I play quarter pot Poker with buddies.

Is he a jerk? Unless you are his teammate who he's trying to maximize potential with or opponent who he is trying to crush, most likely not.

Is he rich? Filthy rich and he's earned every penny. He made the NBA Global and made Nike the powerhouse they are today.

There are deeper seeded issues with MJ being larger apolitical during his playing days and once uttering the line that "republicans buy sneakers too". He caught heat for that then and many wish he'd be more like Lebron in his activism. To his credit, he says he wished he could re-do some of that but his focus was being the best basketball player on the planet and winning games. He wasn't well versed in politics and it wasn't a major focus of his to understand or speak on such subjects. And now after saying he wished he would have used his platform differently, something happened, he donates only to get slapped by some try hard white dude who has done zero to progress race relations in our country.

TLDR: Schreier was trying to get some e-cred from the few people on twitter he doesn't have blocked and tried to dunk on MJ. Good move there, chief.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Silly joke, nothing more to it. But the perpetually offended can crank it to 11 and it shows how hypocritical it is coming from Schreire who is an advocate of the most stringent purity tests.
If Trump made that joke it would be the most racist thing anyone ever said. I don't see why Jason should be given any slack.

D.Final

Banned
The delightful Jeff Cannata (TDS aside) on Twitter expressed his feelings on the Last of Us 2 by metaphorically comparing the game; if most games are John Wick, TLOU2 is Schindlers List. It is an artistic contrast.

Schreire attacks Jeff on how dare he make such comparisons triggering potential cancelation of Jeff via his sjw devotees.

Neill Drukmann comes to the defence of Jeff. Is told by Jason, of course you’d defend your game....

The drama unfolds. What are your thoughts, should we be censoring our thoughts on art in case the art represents horrid historical events?

What a "great" privilege...

Majormaxxx

Three years later Jason Schreier is still a bitch, this time attacking the wonderful Sea of Stars for run on sentences (like this one).

Run on sentences are normal in SPEECH, you giant pussy. Most people don't speak with perfect grammar.

We've waited for this game for 4 years, now you shit on it (another comma splice sentence for you to choke on, Jason).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Three years later Jason Schreier is still a bitch, this time attacking the wonderful Sea of Stars for run on sentences (like this one).

Run on sentences are normal in SPEECH, you giant pussy. Most people don't speak with perfect grammar.

We've waited for this game for 4 years, now you shit on it (another comma splice sentence for you to choke on, Jason).
He's a... he's a Grammar Nazi?

Oy vey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom