• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier gets his Privilege checked by Neil Druckmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAB_Life

That MJ tweet will have the cannibal-cult turning on him real quick. Can understand why he deleted it.

The problem with these personalities though, is that they’re addicted to social media and the endorphins and rush of likes, shares, etc. So I doubt he could stop even if he wanted to. The blessing, too, with people like this is that they are their own worst enemies. Leave them alone long enough and they’ll do a fine job of ruining themselves without any intervention on our part.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
What pisses me off most is “Facilitate the overwork and exploitation of labor” Jason is shaming actual game devs for this and he himself of course the morally pure journalist

Jason doesn’t smell his own shit from his high horse like his job isn’t selling and hyping vidya games and now he is directly enriching Michael Bloomberg what a self righteous moralistic shit bird

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
my0JZUF.jpg
This is the most disgusting thing he's said online. Unbelievable.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s funny how touchy these SJWs are it’s like they are the world’s grammar police they get to tell everyone how to talk and what are the acceptable phrases

Anne Frank joke is some lame shit that exposes Jason as not being very smart. Is he a brain dead idiot who doesn’t understand the difference between a movie and a real life tragedy? Or is it he knows perfectly well but he’s just a giant asshole who wants to fight people anyways? And the guy thinks his game journalism job is as important as the devs actually making these games? Wtf

It only makes it extra ironic that these are the same people tut tutting toxic behavior in “gamers”. Jason acting like a dickhead directly at the devs. Rules for thee not for me

Last edited:

GreyHorace

It’s funny how touchy these SJWs are it’s like they are the world’s grammar police they get to tell everyone how to talk and what are the acceptable phrases

Anne Frank joke is some lame shit that exposes Jason as not being very smart. Is he a brain dead idiot who doesn’t understand the difference between a movie and a real life tragedy? Or is it he knows perfectly well but he’s just a giant asshole who wants to fight people anyways?

It only makes it extra ironic that these are the same people tut tutting toxic behavior in “gamers”. Rules for thee not for me

First Bieber:

Now Schreier. Why can't these idiots realize that equating Anne Frank or anything to do with the Holocaust with inconsequential bullshit is a bad idea?

And Schreier is Jewish too. Which makes him look even more stupid.

alstrike

Can someone with an Era account post a separate thread addressing Schreier's MJ Tweet? I'm curious to see if they lock it.

It will get locked and get the OP banned for sure.

I don't get that place anymore, I'm currently on a 3 month vacation for defending MKBHD. Go fucking figure... 🤔

MiguelItUp

Never cared for Schreier, even if the guy got a lot of kudos for info and scoops that he's dropped in the past. The guy has always felt like some kind of radical SJW lunatic. The way he tried to get some woke dog pile on Canada was gross. I mean, anyone with common sense could understand what Canada was getting at. Schindler's List is a film, he compared it to a film, not the fucking holocaust itself. Jesus Christ. How can people live like that? Getting all riled up over the smallest thing. Hell, even worse, something that doesn't even exist! That intent, that comparison, was never there in the first place!

Thank god people called him out for it and it's kind of blowing up in his face. Anytime I see stuff like this it concerns me and makes me think that a dog pile will immediately ensue without anyone asking questions of any form. That the idiots will get what they want and puff out their chest as if they know right from wrong. I mean, for a long while it was the norm, and it's fucking gross.

Also, I wish Twitter could just eject all of the idiots trying to stir up drama and "important" topics. I respect and appreciate that people have passion. But that is so far from true passion it's ridiculous. Those kinds of people should really put their emotion and energy towards something that has actual merit. What a waste.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I think it's a given that:
1. Schreier is going to get blacklisted by Sony.
2. His new podcast is going to be talking a lot about GamePass
I'd say Jason is already on thin ice with his new employer. That tweet about Anne Frank (especially as the head honcho is Michael Bloomberg) could be painful for any future career.

I hope Microsoft knows his username and charge him double the monthly Gamepass price off him. But I'd say he will try and suck on the teat of Nintendo.

FranXico

I'd say Jason is already on thin ice with his new employer. That tweet about Anne Frank (especially as the head honcho is Michael Bloomberg) could be painful for any future career.

I hope Microsoft knows his username and charge him double the monthly Gamepass price off him. But I'd say he will try and suck on the teat of Nintendo.
I'm pretty sure MS is also not going to want to have anything to do with him if he continues like this.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

mr.dilya

Banned
But why... why should anyone do it? It doenst mean if they close it they are bad people just have different policies/opinions on the matter. I personally think there is no need to start this kind of tactics only to be able to shit on Era.

Because they are cancel culture supporters to the max, except when it comes to their friends and heroes.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Would be nice if OP contained the entire Twitter exchange so you could get some more context. Anyway I read most of it and it's definitely a case of manufactured outrage. I understood the analogy Cannata was making about Schindler's list immediately, as should anyone with a functioning brain. To think that some people want to dogpile him for that is straight up embarrassing.

Twitter is without a doubt, the worst fucking social media platform I've seen. I nearly vomited trying to navigate through this exchange. It's nothing more than stroking your ego, chasing likes and give yourself a pat on your back. All of that within 140 characters. How the fuck can you even have a serious conversation with such a limit?

If I had a Twitter account, or any social media account for that matter, I would become mentally insane within a month.

It's a 280 character limit now.

After MIchael Jordan announced his $100 million pledge to racial equality organizations, Schreier made a bad joke about how how MJ must have thought he was playing roulette and said " $100 million on black"

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Yet another domino falls.... days will pass and those with the intelligence and individual fortitude will turn their backs on that destructive ideology. Some may come back here...

It would be nice to have all moderate gamers come together again, build our hobby up and use our voices collectively to improve things.

carlosrox

Banned
I not only find nothing offensive about the analogy but nothing wrong with it either considering people go on about how dark and miserable TLOU2 is.

I used to like Jason but over the years he has indeed become a self righteous little shit and the fan wanking he would get on Era was suspect.

It is pretty good seeing him get shut down by 2 game creators. Stay in your lane.

checkcola

Yeah, don't have a dog in the fight when SJWs go after one another. Seems like Schreier has more to lose as access is the name of the game.

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Yeah, don't have a dog in the fight when SJWs go after one another. Seems like Schreier has more to lose as access is the name of the game.
Won’t happen. He’ll just cry prejudice and companies don’t want to go down that road.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
But why... why should anyone do it? It doenst mean if they close it they are bad people just have different policies/opinions on the matter. I personally think there is no need to start this kind of tactics only to be able to shit on Era.

Nah, they're bad people.

AmuroChan

I not only find nothing offensive about the analogy but nothing wrong with it either considering people go on about how dark and miserable TLOU2 is.

I used to like Jason but over the years he has indeed become a self righteous little shit and the fan wanking he would get on Era was suspect.

It is pretty good seeing him get shut down by 2 game creators. Stay in your lane.

He also seems like a very vindictive person. No doubt he felt embarrassed being called out by Neil and Cory and is now preparing his next article about bad working conditions within ND/Santa Monica.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
That tweet about Anne Frank

To be fair, he was mocking tweets he felt were hyperbolic.

I'm all for the guy getting taken down a peg but I'm not looking for this guy to get outright canceled and out of work or anything like that.

I'm better than that, everyone should be. Cancel culture is a fucking joke, doesn't matter who (except for maybe the biggest shitpiles out there and who have nothing to lose).

The point is even if he's all about canceling people doesn't mean I have to be. Take the high ground and all that.

But we'll see how this guy handles this situation.

Herr Edgy

Am I the only one who can't detect a drop of testosterone in this whole Twitter feud? I can literally smell the soy. All the passive aggressive back and forth is nauseating. My boy Jason is hitting that milk bottle hard.
Honestly, all this 'no testosterone' talk in GAF is tiring. People acting as if testosterone is responsible for making you this stoic, strong and smart man, when all it does is make you strong, neither stoic nor smart. Ever seen gym meatheads with half a brain? Not exactly what I'd consider an aspiration.
I don't disagree that the behavior here seems somewhat petty and indirect, but what is this about testosterone? Sadly not everyone has no reputation to uphold, and sometimes being direct and taking a strong personal stand against someone in the industry can lead to undesirable consequences.

Curious what those people here on GAF look like and do in life that act like this and mean it to at least some degree.

carlosrox

Banned
Honestly, all this 'no testosterone' talk in GAF is tiring. People acting as if testosterone is responsible for making you this stoic, strong and smart man, when all it does is make you strong, neither stoic nor smart. Ever seen gym meatheads with half a brain? Not exactly what I'd consider an aspiration.
I don't disagree that the behavior here seems somewhat petty and indirect, but what is this about testosterone? Sadly not everyone has no reputation to uphold, and sometimes being direct and taking a strong personal stand against someone in the industry can lead to undesirable consequences.

Curious what those people here on GAF look like and do in life that act like this and mean it to at least some degree.

I rather agree with this and meant to post something similar these past few weeks.

As much as people may hate the term, there is definitely such thing as "toxic masculinity".

Soy this, testosterone that. These are lame insults that really say more about the people who say them, mainly when used seriously.

I mean, I hope most of these are just jokes but if anybody says these things unironically then yikes.

NickFire

I kind of feel bad for you if you take that kind of talk literally.

Its figurative language.

Herr Edgy

I kind of feel bad for you if you take that kind of talk literally.

Its figurative language.
Sure, I can make up whatever the hell I want, say it means something else and if someone tells you it doesn't make a lot of sense, just claim "it's figurative bro".

People who fight console wars are now SJWs.

Obviously I understood what was meant, hence the "I don't disagree it's petty" part, so if you can't figure this out even from literal language I feel bad for you. Are we going to play this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom