• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Bond: Aaron Taylor-Johnson ‘offered 007 role’ and is ‘set to replace Daniel Craig’

bitbydeath

I’m good with this, he managed to steal the scene from Brad Pitt a number of times in Bullet Train.

According to The Sun, Eon Productions are hoping to start filming the 26th Bond film later this year, and 33-year-old Taylor-Johnson, whose credits include Kick-Ass, Tenet and Bullet Train, is their choice for the role.
A source told the outlet: “Bond is Aaron’s job, should he wish to accept it. The formal offer is on the table and they are waiting to hear back.
“As far as Eon is concerned, Aaron is going to sign his contract in the coming days and they can start preparing for the big announcement.

Valonquar

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

jason10mm

Gold Member
Book reflects the time it is written, just check the Bible. Also, it’s not the Bible.

Bond doesn't need to be trans, nor have an internal struggle each time he kills. It’s time for a black guy to play him and give his BBC to all the new Bond girls.
Bond is a British Royal navy officer. That crowd is 98% white and 96% male.

Maybe if some other ethnicities or genders want to insist that bond "represent them" they should step up and do the service first?

Though I'd be down with a Indian or Hong Kong Bond as I think those two groups could fit in pretty well and represent areas of the commonwealth. Black brits are such a tiny population I'm not sure it would make any sense if you remove the American insistence that they are the only ethnic group that matters for "representation".

As it is, I'm FAR more concerned about where they are drawing inspiration from, who's the writer, and who will be directing. I couldn't stand the myopic focus on bonds personal life in the last couple Craig films. Start adapting the Gardner novels FFS, some are outstanding.

Lunarorbit

Why did I think he was American? I thought the accent in train heist was fake.

Oh well. Have fun with your pedophile old wife

Doom85

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

Hmm, could go either way. Aaron was great in the Kick-ass movies and Bullet Train, serviceable in Age of Ultron, and weak in Godzilla 2014. So he could be good, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near my first pick.

Bond reflects reality now? Must have missed it among all the gadgets and Brosnan driving a tank in the middle of Moscow.

Seriously, DC comic book writer Tom King is a former CIA agent, and he once pointed out spy movies that have these spies being made of so many tall and dashing guys is silly. Like, oh yes, let’s have the spy be the guy who can easily draw attention to himself naturally.

Though at least with Ethan Hunt of Mission Impossible, even when he’s not using a mask, he does often use baseball caps, glasses, etc. to disguise himself in a crowd. Which is funny how it can work yet people claim it never could, like when Bucky was wearing a cap to hide his appearance in Captain America: Civil War and people were like, “how is everyone not spotting this guy whose face was just everywhere on the news?!”……and then Spider-man: Far From Home came out and almost everyone failed to notice Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck in several scenes prior to him introducing himself to Peter, and all Jake was using to disguise himself was wearing a cap, LOL.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I really don't get why Henry Cavill hasn't got the role, he IS Bond ffs.

I wonder if he's too big a star (too expensive) at this point.

People will show up for a Bond film without too much persuasion - you don't need a huge star to sell these movies - the production company need someone good, but it doesn't mean they need someone good AND well known.

I can imagine Cavill would have been good in the role, but signing on for half a dozen films might just be too expensive.

Cyberpunkd

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

Hmm, could go either way. Aaron was great in the Kick-ass movies and Bullet Train, serviceable in Age of Ultron, and weak in Godzilla 2014. So he could be good, but he wouldn’t be anywhere near my first pick.

Seriously, DC comic book writer Tom King is a former CIA agent, and he once pointed out spy movies that have these spies being made of so many tall and dashing guys is silly. Like, oh yes, let’s have the spy be the guy who can easily draw attention to himself naturally.

Though at least with Ethan Hunt of Mission Impossible, even when he’s not using a mask, he does often use baseball caps, glasses, etc. to disguise himself in a crowd. Which is funny how it can work yet people claim it never could, like when Bucky was wearing a cap to hide his appearance in Captain America: Civil War and people were like, “how is everyone not spotting this guy whose face was just everywhere on the news?!”……and then Spider-man: Far From Home came out and almost everyone failed to notice Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck in several scenes prior to him introducing himself to Peter, and all Jake was using to disguise himself was wearing a cap, LOL.
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was great in portraying accurate espionage; also French production”Bureau des Legendes”.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
He'd have to shed some muscle mass wouldn't he? Dude seems too buff for a Bond lol

Right, although, Bond films are heavily exaggerated when it comes to... everything really so I don't know if Cavill's body mass would be the biggest problem to have, besides, IMO, Bond has to only exude that Britishness® which Cavill has in spades.

In other news, I finished watching Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen yesterday and the main dude had just the right amount of bravado and poshness, plus, he's a good looking dude, a "man's man" if you will, meaning, he could also play a good Bond IMO.

Cheers

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Right, although, Bond films are heavily exaggerated when it comes to... everything really so I don't know if Cavill's body mass would be the biggest problem to have, besides, IMO, Bond has to only exude that Britishness® which Cavill has in spades.

In other news, I finished watching Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen yesterday and the main dude had just the right amount of bravado and poshness, plus, he's a good looking dude, a "man's man" if you will, meaning, he could also play a good Bond IMO.

Cheers

Charles Hunnam?

RRjET4Y.jpg

Kenpachii

Also nice wife lol

Personal life. After Johnson met filmmaker Sam Taylor-Wood in 2009 on the set of their film Nowhere Boy, when he was 18 and she was 42, the two began dating and were married in the chapel at Babington House on 21 June 2012. They subsequently changed their surnames to Taylor-Johnson

Also nice wife lol

Personal life. After Johnson met filmmaker Sam Taylor-Wood in 2009 on the set of their film Nowhere Boy, when he was 18 and she was 42, the two began dating and were married in the chapel at Babington House on 21 June 2012. They subsequently changed their surnames to Taylor-Johnson
So she got canceled for "grooming," right? Right?

Top Bottom