• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jackie Chan thought 'Rush Hour' was terrible when he first saw it

Parch

I think I know which video you mean, I'll search if I can find it!

Edit: I think this is it!

https://youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ
This is really good. It obviously relates to OT and helps explain why Jackie would have a different opinion about his Hollywood work compared to his other movies.

What's memorable about Rush Hour isn't the fight scenes. It's the dialogue and writing. Jackie concerned about how the fight scenes turned out is understandable.

Hollywood or Hong Kong, Jackie Chan is the best. Not all gems, but his movies are always going to be considered timeless masterpieces.

Oh yeah?

220px-ShanghaiNoon_Poster.jpg

Ok

"You said 'wet shirt don't break', not 'piss shit bend bar!'"

I always really enjoyed this because I felt Owen Wilson is a better pair-up for him if only because I find Tucker to be incredibly obnoxious. Knights I have a love/hate with because it went all-in with the gags of everyone being an actual historical figure, but it had Donnie Yen as a villain who just... dammit. Same reason I don't enjoy Lethal Weapon 4's handling of Jet Li.

That being said, I like RH2 more than RH1, but 3 is GARBAGE.

RH1 is great and RH2 is some of the most fun I've had in a cinema in my entire life, me and my friends had such a good time, fantastic flick.
Shame RH3 was such a disappointment.
I can see how the movie's appeal would go over Jackie's head.

How is foreigner btw?

kunonabi

RH1 is great and RH2 is some of the most fun I've had in a cinema in my entire life, me and my friends had such a good time, fantastic flick.
Shame RH3 was such a disappointment.
I can see how the movie's appeal would go over Jackie's head.

How is foreigner btw?

Its pretty good. At the moment im leaning toward it being his 2nd best hollywood film.

Top Bottom