• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It costs $100 to unlock all of Street Fighter 6’s TMNT content

Street Fighter 6 is not a Fighting Game, it's a Retard Simulator.
Its pretty much just one mode of the game with avatars. Fundamentally, the core game is designed like Street Fighter IV with meter based parry and without stringent links. They are both kinda ugly to me.

I could say this about any digital marketplace though. I'm sure the cost of buying a full set of anything on the Fortnite store would put this number to shame.

Not.. really defending the current state of gaming.. But this isn't unique. You're not meant to buy all of them. Just pick one.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Miss the days where games has a wide roster of characters by default.

This is some revisionist romanticism. I won't speak for all fighting games, but going just off the starting casts of prior Street Fighter games:

Street Fighter II: 8
Street Fighter III: 11
Street Fighter IV: 25
Street Fighter V: 16
Street Fighter VI: 18

Except for IV, which yes does have an additional 7 characters, VI has the biggest starting cast of an SF game yet. Unless you've been dissatisfied with all these games at launch in which I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself.

Capcom is the future take two/EA

The nickle and diming is kind of lame, yeah, but like Blizzard used to be, I can forgive it because the game is actually fun and you don't have to pay to win.

Soulja

The prices for skins on most games are an absolute con. This is why i only ever buy skins on rust as they're around £1.50. I had a look in the diablo 4 store and honestly could not believe the prices on there.

Saber

Gold Member
This is some revisionist romanticism. I won't speak for all fighting games

There you go then. Got annoyed even though I don't remember saying its limited to SF series and neither just to fighting games. Though I believe there are some SF with a good amount of characters from what I record, there are other old genres with a good amount of character rosters. And thats not to say there are old games with dry cast of characters either.

BlackTron

I would be all over a fighting game that featured TMNT but this isn't it. Neither was that Nicktoons game. Injustice was the least bad, and that still left much to be desired.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Just eat at Chipolte, Chipolte the best value in fast food.
Understand Captain America GIF

Fahdis

Holy shit, why isn't the FGC mauling Capcom for this shit? Complacency? Or have people really become this braindead to want to collect everything without even looking at the price?

nikos

You can't expect to own all of the cosmetics available in current games, even Street Fighter. Those days are over. It's best to buy/earn what you like and forget about the rest of it.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are upset. $15 skin is normal practice for a full on single character skin. No one is forcing you to buy it. It really isn't that big of a deal imo. It has 0 relations to your gameplay.

Reason why companies do such prices is because they can get away with it. It's very simple and that's because most people are okay with paying for it. Neogaf again is a very small minority lol.

Last edited:

Beechos

Just cosmetics behind a pay wall. Why are people so up in arms about these things? No pay to win. If people want to spend $100 on the equivalent of horse armor let them.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
this is why when I finished the first battle pass and then saw the second I thought "im not playing this for fun, im playing it for the shitty battle pass" and went back to Melty Blood instead.

Cohetedor

So how long would the grind be to earn one in game without paying? More or less than gt7's 13hrs of grind or $200 for 1 car?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Where I'm from, it cost $100 to order a pizza. So I guess the price of everything is going through the roof.

Labadal

People saying that it doesn't matter are wrong. Lots of games had fun costume unlocks by playing games.

Lots of JRPGs gave you new costumes by doing side stuff or other crap. It was a fun thing. Now, you don't get that as much, because they know that they can milk their customers.

I still don't buy cosmetics, but it does matter when this catches on, which it already has (obviously).

Rickyiez

I have not even touch World tour since the launch and having alot of fun just playing the actual Street Fighter game. Already in Diamond 3 now.

Some of you guys are weird, rejecting a game just because a non relevant portion of the game is bad. Like common, the skin is only for the World tour avatar, do u guys even know what is going on here?

Last edited:

DeVeAn

I was ready to spend the 500 free coins I got and then I saw 750 for one Turtle? New characters cost half the coins. Bummer dude.

Neither do games.
So you've never played an old game where the save file tells you how close you are to 100% completion?

Back in the day, players were conditioned to believe that we should try to collect everything in a game to 'beat' it. Things like alternate costumes used to be the reward for this (case in point: Super Mario World).

Now it's changed so we're expected to pay for what used to be unlockable bonuses – even in situations like this where we're technically paying for advertising – and today's players are being conditioned into accepting it as the norm.

"Oh, that's the way it is, if you don't like it then don't buy it" is a bullshit way of justifying the decision to make TMNT fans pay more than what they already paid for the game if they want to get the content.

lyan

This is some revisionist romanticism. I won't speak for all fighting games, but going just off the starting casts of prior Street Fighter games:

Street Fighter II: 8
Street Fighter III: 11
Street Fighter IV: 25
Street Fighter V: 16
Street Fighter VI: 18

Except for IV, which yes does have an additional 7 characters, VI has the biggest starting cast of an SF game yet. Unless you've been dissatisfied with all these games at launch in which I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself.

The nickle and diming is kind of lame, yeah, but like Blizzard used to be, I can forgive it because the game is actually fun and you don't have to pay to win.
Putting II is a bit unfair, when the series only start to take shape and the market has different expectation from games.
Packaged version of III basically refers to third strike which had more characters, people voted with their wallets on new generation / 2nd impact (and dreamcast).

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Remember when you could unlock a gazillion costumes in fighting games (Dead or alive 2 Ultimate) just by normally playing the game ?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
So you've never played an old game where the save file tells you how close you are to 100% completion?

Back in the day, players were conditioned to believe that we should try to collect everything in a game to 'beat' it. Things like alternate costumes used to be the reward for this (case in point: Super Mario World).

Now it's changed so we're expected to pay for what used to be unlockable bonuses – even in situations like this where we're technically paying for advertising – and today's players are being conditioned into accepting it as the norm.

"Oh, that's the way it is, if you don't like it then don't buy it" is a bullshit way of justifying the decision to make TMNT fans pay more than what they already paid for the game if they want to get the content.

I can't wrap my head around this.

Do you get mad at Burger King when they advertise their Whopper because you then feel forced to buy Whoppers? This compulsion you feel, this need to collect everything to feel whole, feels like something you should talk to a mental health professional about.

Todays F2P games are lightyears better than Super Mario World and titles from that era too.

If people take the time to create something of value, they should be compensated.

Top Bottom