• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS executes 150+ women for refusing to marry militants, bury them in mass graves

Status
Not open for further replies.

liger05

Mainly the fact that he wasnt killed?

ISIS have been running round killing everyone that doesnt fit their particular branch of idealogy. Western journalists, foreign aid workers, Christians, Non-Sunni Muslims etc.

The area they are operating (Iraq, Syria and Lebanon) is predominantly Muslim, so of course it stands to reason most of the people being killed in this struggle are Muslims, namely those that follow Shia.

Hence why I suggested whoever shot that Vice documentary would had to have been a Muslim themselves, particularly Sunni otherwise they wouldnt have had a hope in hell of getting any footage. They'd have ended up with the other foreign aid workers and journalists awaiting beheading in some ransom video.

Secondly I suggested the pretext given for taking the footage and the interviews had to have been filmed under the pretext of a propaganda film to get permission to allow the filming to begin with. If they knew this was for a Western audience channel on youtube that exposed what sort of atrocities they were getting up to, do you think they would allow it?

I'm not sure what your comment about Saddam has to do with anything I said. Not sure what you were reaching for there.

This ex German politician was allowed in the state. Spent 10 days in Raqqa.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Todenhöfer

This is his statement after his return and will publish more details at a later date.

http://justpaste.it/igwq

Basically its Al Qeadas turn to step up to the plate.

Do you mean to fight IS. AQ as a group are not really in conflict with IS. Nusra is in Syria but jolani is basically wanting his own Emirate rather than AQ central telling him to fight IS. In Yemen there doesn't seem to be fitna and AQ are not even in Iraq are they? It's more likely that AQ will end up giving bayah to Baghdadi eventually.

MauMau

Banned
I agree. But Alas Obama is not an emperor. He wanted to go earlier as soon as Syria crossed his "red line". But the republicans in Congress blocked him, even though they wanted the same thing. They did not want to give Obama any victories or positivity.

Do you have anything to back this up? If anything, Republicans support bombing terrorists.

EYEL1NER

Your sheer lack of knowledge of religious texts can only be described as childlike and, well, bizarre.
I don't think you should really be the one labeling anything as childish, considering your response to a benign "Well at least they're in a better place now."

This ex German politician was allowed in the state. Spent 10 days in Raqqa.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Todenhöfer

This is his statement after his return and will publish more details at a later date.

http://justpaste.it/igwq

Do you mean to fight IS. AQ as a group are not really in conflict with IS. Nusra is in Syria but jolani is basically wanting his own Emirate rather than AQ central telling him to fight IS. In Yemen there doesn't seem to be fitna and AQ are not even in Iraq are they? It's more likely that AQ will end up giving bayah to Baghdadi eventually.

Alqaeda was born out of political means with us troops in Saudi arabia

Isis was born out of purely religious means

Do you have anything to back this up? If anything, Republicans support bombing terrorists.

Obama Seeks Approval by Congress for Strike in Syria
In one of the riskiest gambles of his presidency, Mr. Obama effectively dared lawmakers to either stand by him or, as he put it, allow President Bashar al-Assad of Syria to get away with murdering children with unconventional weapons. By asking them to take a stand, Mr. Obama tried to break out of the isolation of the last week as he confronted taking action without the support of the United Nations, Congress, the public or Britain, a usually reliable partner in such international operations.

“I’m prepared to give that order,” Mr. Obama said in a hurriedly organized appearance in the Rose Garden as American destroyers armed with Tomahawk missiles waited in the Mediterranean Sea.

“I’m prepared to give that order,” Mr. Obama said in a hurriedly organized appearance in the Rose Garden as American destroyers armed with Tomahawk missiles waited in the Mediterranean Sea. “But having made my decision as commander in chief based on what I am convinced is our national security interests, I’m also mindful that I’m the president of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy.”

Although Congressional leaders hailed his decision to seek the permission of lawmakers who had been clamoring for a say, the turnabout leaves Mr. Obama at the political mercy of House Republicans, many of whom have opposed him at every turn and have already suggested that Syria’s civil war does not pose a threat to the United States. His decision raises the possibility that he would be the first president in modern times to lose a vote on the use of force, much as Prime Minister David Cameron of Britain did in Parliament last week.

Mr. Obama overruled the advice of many of his aides who worried about just such a defeat, and Republican Congressional officials said Saturday that if a vote were taken immediately, the Republican-controlled House would not support action.

liger05

Alqaeda was born out of political means with us troops in Saudi arabia

Isis was born out of purely religious means

No the original Islamic State of Iraq was born out US occupation of Iraq. It may of manifested into something different but it started after US troops landed in Iraq.

I just don't understand.

It seems cool to them. Just like how in poor urban areas you get girls attracted to scumbags, because they're "cool". It's the badass effect.

No the original Islamic State of Iraq was born out US occupation of Iraq. It may of manifested into something different but it started after US troops landed in Iraq.

Exactly. None of these are purely religious. They're mixed in with it, but it's not like Syria was a perfect democracy and one day the big, bad ISIS wanted to overthrow it.

The only time I'll agree with "purely religious" is if a democratic Muslim nation that can be compared to Western countries has its government challenge by religious militants.

Removing Sadam wasn't the problem. The fact that so many Iraqi army (regulars and officers alike) abandoned their posts and their arms and ran and hid as soon as this ISIS thing kicked off, even though they outnumbered and outgunned ISIS by a shitton, was the problem. Their mistake, and I'm sure many regret their cowardice now.

liger05

Removing Sadam wasn't the problem. The fact that so many Iraqi army (regulars and officers alike) abandoned their posts and their arms and ran and hid as soon as this ISIS thing kicked off, even though they outnumbered and outgunned ISIS by a shitton, was the problem. Their mistake, and I'm sure many regret their cowardice now.

Even when they have won some territory since the US started airstrikes the thing is IS don't go away. Losing battles is all seen as part of war and they return to fight another day and win territory back.

Those Iraqi soldiers mentally have to be prepared to face an enemy like that. One that doesn't run from death but runs towards it.

Mohonky

Am glad you guys had great time at my country it really saddens me to see the fucked up shit happening in our region

Yeh it is a great place, my Father worked there for a few years and i went to visit him at the time, he was living in Sur. I was only there for 3 weeks, but yeh it really is an amazingly beautiful country and the people are so incredibly relaxed and easy to get a long with.

You guys got some serious goat problems though lol. The little buggers are everywhere eating everything and generally just not giving a damn.

Its amazing what a stark contrast there to is to Oman just by crossing a border though. I cant fathom how it exists in a small pocket of a region that is so heavily divided and at odds with one another. I have never heard of anyone going there and not being surprised, its like this hidden little Oasis you never hear about.

Apt101

I think it's beyond the time for a worldwide coalition to build up and go back in to wipe these guys out. I realize many countries are probably tired of that region and feel it's a lost cause that armed conflict aloe can't solve. But annihilating these guys should something the world can come together for.

liger05

I think it's beyond the time for a worldwide coalition to build up and go back in to wipe these guys out. I realize many countries are probably tired of that region and feel it's a lost cause that armed conflict aloe can't solve. But annihilating these guys should something the world can come together for.

Isn't there already like 60+ countries in a coalition.

Apt101

Isn't there already like 60+ countries in a coalition.

If there is, great, but I'm not sure what they're doing. It seems like my country, the US, just has a small group on the ground training and spotting and runs what feels like ineffective drone bombing missions. I'd like to see a coalition base or two stood up and forces going out there and smashing these guys positions, clearing towns and cities, and abolishing their revenue streams.

Who would want to go fight ISIS with the entire world looking over their shoulders and shouting 'Warcrimes !' as soon as the first civilian dies ? Which, given the way ISIS fights (dressed as civilians and operating from towns and villages), would be in the first 15 minutes regardless of the care taken to identify targets.

tkscz

Real question, have they surpassed the Nazis yet? Cause these people are fucking monsters. Let those brave women rest in peace. They shouldn't be force to deal with these creatures.

iJudged

Banned
Waiting, any day now, a great flood, meteor, something that's gonna end us, we surely weren't intended to exist like this. We humans make me sick.

Should do everything we can to get all the innocent people out of the region, wait a few years for all the people who support IS to move to the new IS, set up strong border controls to keep them in that area and then drop a few fucking nukes on them.

Hell even just constantly bomb the place until they're all gone.

Watching the Vice videos on interviews with them it's clear they're all fucking deranged. They say this:

" We will stop attacking you when you stop attacking us. We just want to be left alone."

Then no more than 10-15 seconds later they say:

" We will fly the IS flag from the White house and kill all the non believers and infidels."

Make up your fucking mind. Most of the kids in the IS region are a lost cause, they've been brainwashed into thinking the west is evil and wants all muslims dead. The next few generations from that region is going to be truely terrifying and I stronly believe that that the western world is not prepared for what is coming.

Europe especially is living in denial. This is going to be the Mongol Empire all over again.

Mohonky

Real question, have they surpassed the Nazis yet? Cause these people are fucking monsters. Let those brave women rest in peace. They shouldn't be force to deal with these creatures.

Well they dont quite have the numbers or capability that the Nazi's had as they had a Government, profressional military, highly advanced scientist producing vastly advanced tech the world had never seen before. If ISIS we in the same position of unity, military hardware and the capability to pursue advanced weapons and machines for ground, air and naval combat I would suggest they would probably set the new standard in abhorrent crimes.

Should do everything we can to get all the innocent people out of the region, wait a few years for all the people who support IS to move to the new IS, set up strong border controls to keep them in that area and then drop a few fucking nukes on them.

Hell even just constantly bomb the place until they're all gone.

Watching the Vice videos on interviews with them it's clear they're all fucking deranged. They say this:

" We will stop attacking you when you stop attacking us. We just want to be left alone."

Then no more than 10-15 seconds later they say:

" We will fly the IS flag from the White house and kill all the non believers and infidels."

Make up your fucking mind. Most of the kids in the IS region are a lost cause, they've been brainwashed into thinking the west is evil and wants all muslims dead. The next few generations from that region is going to be truely terrifying and I stronly believe that that the western world is not prepared for what is coming.

Europe especially is living in denial. This is going to be the Mongol Empire all over again.

This literally read like a "The Muslims are coming" type of post. You do know those innocent people you want to get out of the region will all come to Europe first which has been your recent argument that they shouldnt. the fact is they should be able to seek asylum but also helped in assimilation in society without being forced to forego their faith. if the requirement for assimilation is to forego their faith for these innocents then that goes against the standards of a free and open society

This literally read like a "The Muslims are coming" type of post. You do know those innocent people you want to get out of the region will all come to Europe first which has been your recent argument that they shouldnt. the fact is they should be able to seek asylum but also helped in assimilation in society without being forced to forego their faith. if the requirement for assimilation is to forego their faith for these innocents then that goes against the standards of a free and open society

If the IS fanatics have their way then that is what's coming. Those words came straight from their very own mouths not mine.

And no I didn't say they shouldn't come. I said they shouldn't come and then force their beliefs onto us and our ways of living. There's a difference.

Like I said before, Europe financially is in such a sorry state that it would be extremly difficult to cope with said people seeking asylum on a mass scale, luckily the world does not solely consist of Europe though, which would allow everyone to share the initial financial burden this would cause.

Did you sign up for the armed forces today?

If the IS fanatics have their way then that is what's coming. Those words came straight from their very own mouths not mine.

And no I didn't say they shouldn't come. I said they shouldn't come and then force their beliefs onto us and our ways of living. There's a difference.

Like I said before, Europe financially is in such a sorry state that it would be extremly difficult to cope with said people seeking asylum on a mass scale, luckily the world does not solely consist of Europe though, which would allow everyone to share the initial financial burden this would cause.

IS hasn't faced a competent force yet. the moment they start picking off Turkey or even Iran's army, they are done, which is why these ISIS fighters haven't even attempted to invade Turkey or Iran because they will get slaughtered. IS fighters is a case of a militia which is trying to give a semblance of organization but it is all haphazardly put together. it will only take one major invasion and you will have 30,000 dead IS fighters in the streets of Iraq and Syria

liger05

IS hasn't faced a competent force yet. the moment they start picking off Turkey or even Iran's army, they are done, which is why these ISIS fighters haven't even attempted to invade Turkey or Iran because they will get slaughtered. IS fighters is a case of a militia which is trying to give a semblance of organization but it is all haphazardly put together. it will only take one major invasion and you will have 30,000 dead IS fighters in the streets of Iraq and Syria

Did you ever think IS would control a territory as large as they do right now? You may call the enemies incompetent but they all have the advantages. They have air support, US and Russian weaponry, US trained soldiers yet the 'militia' is still standing and doesn't look like going anywhere.

I wouldn't even think military generals in the West if answering honestly couldn't military speaking be nothing but impressed with the gains of this 'militia'.

Did you ever think IS would control a territory as large as they do right now? You may call the enemies incompetent but they all have the advantages. They have air support, US and Russian weaponry, US trained soldiers yet the 'militia' is still standing and doesn't look like going anywhere.

I wouldn't even think military generals in the West if answering honestly couldn't military speaking be nothing but impressed with the gains of this 'militia'.

they aren't even facing any barely competent army at this time. the moment they do they will be slaughtered and forgotten forever. they themselves only have faced and won against militias. trained by US soldiers? oh wait like the Iraqi soldiers who fled when push came to shove right? real soldiers dont run

TheJLC

To be fair, the US trained force that remains is protecting Baghdad. The US trained command was removed by Maliki or were abandoned by the Iraq government so they either fought to the death or fled to the Kurdistan region. There are plenty of stories of US trained soldiers and police that held their positions until they ran out of ammo and were outgunned by anti-aircraft weaponry, mortars, suicide bombers, anti-tank weapons, and over whelming numbers. The Iraq government in the early stages abandoned them.

But yeah, ISIS isn't really incompetent either. They have been getting seasoned fighters from around the world to create this caliphate. So, they are going to use every tactic available to make it harder for any ground force to advance and air power to quickly eliminate them.

liger05

To be fair, the US trained force that remains is protecting Baghdad. The US trained command was removed by Maliki or were abandoned by the Iraq government so they either fought to the death or fled to the Kurdistan region. There are plenty of stories of US trained soldiers and police that held their positions until they ran out of ammo and were outgunned by anti-aircraft weaponry, mortars, suicide bombers, anti-tank weapons, and over whelming numbers. The Iraq government in the early stages abandoned them.

But yeah, ISIS isn't really incompetent either. They have been getting seasoned fighters from around the world to create this caliphate. So, they are going to use every tactic available to make it harder for any ground force to advance and air power to quickly eliminate them.

IS are reporting first battle vs US troops on the ground took place in Al-Baghdadi today.

Wtf?? These wackos need to be fucked doggystyle by the girthy cock of the American military. Like, now.

This is terrible, terrible news.

But every time we have a thread relating to terrorism people are asking for measures like this, it's as if we are ignoring that military actions by our own president have also taken thousands of civilian lives in the last few years.

Of course the agenda, intent and method should not be compared to what happened here, but the end result is very much the same. More suffering.

IS are reporting first battle vs US troops on the ground took place in Al-Baghdadi today.

Do you happen to follow ISIS reported news? There have been some less than entirely reputable sources such as the daily mail (though al jazeera reported as well) reporting that US forces engaged and inflicted heavy casualties on ISIS around the airbase.

liger05

Do you happen to follow ISIS reported news? There have been some less than entirely reputable sources such as the daily mail reporting a few days ago that US forces engaged and delivered heavy casualties to ISIS around the airbase but the Pentagon have denied the report iirc.

Twitter mainly although al Jazeera Arabic reported US troops fighting today.

theecakee

Lets not try to rank which group is more evil, because they're all pretty fucking horrible so there is no sense in arguing that.

RIP Saddam

Did you forget about the gassing of tens of thousands and people and the torture of innocent people he and his sons took part in?

Just because what's there now is terrible, doesn't mean we should look fondly back on a time when Saddam and his sons were allowed free reign to terrorise the people of the country and do whatever the hell they wanted to them.

IS will eventually be defeated when the West and neighbouring countries gets serious about eliminating them, but in the mean time, they are going to commit horrendous atrocities, atrocities that will become even worse as they come closer and closer to being defeated in Iraq and eventually Syria.

Mohonky

With Hezbollah off fighting in Syria to prevent IS stepping into Lebanon, I am genuinely curious as to what Isreal will do. Will they sit idle if IS move into Lebanon or move forces imto Lebanon and help put I wonder. If they get into Lebanon they might have a footing into Isreal....or will Isreal let them take Lebanon and start shelling the shit out of the place should that happen?

RIP Saddam

Saddam was evil and his death shouldn't be RIP'd. But the lesser of evils in retrospect. These countries (Syria, Iraq and others etc.) needed to become democracies organically over time. By becoming war zones the vacuum for Islamofacist Militants was created.

come on. The whole region is fucked.

Turkey and Israel are definitely not (don't know if you count them), but even so nor are some of the Arab countries like Lebanon.

Mrmartel

Banned

It's never going to happen, But if they had the tech, numbers, equipment, scientists etc that Nazi Germany had, well even I would be running for the hills.. and I live in the Canadian tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom