• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PC the best gaming platform this generation?

Hohenheim

PC is only for graphics whores with a framerate obsession, not actually playing games
Wow wow! Easy there, cowboy.
I'm a "dirty graphics whore with a framerate obsession", and I play and finish tons of games every year. And BECAUSE I play shitloads of games, and spend lots of time with them- I want the best possible experience.

Great graphics can never beat great gameplay, but I want both. Which lots of games provides, when played on a top notch PC.
At the same time, piss poor framerates can totally fuck up a otherwise great game, so yeah - let me be a dirty whore and STFU

FireFly

This is a fair point but he was asking about power consumption... 250w on average is not as good as something maxing out at 230w (and likely taking less than that most of the time)
If you really care about power consumption before anything else, you can pick up a 150W 4060 Ti 16GB and pair it with a 65W AMD CPU.

Edit: Though actually seems the 16 GB model consumes ~165W at stock, so I guess you would have to set a power limit.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

Last console I bothered with was the X360 (ok, switch OLED but I consider that a mobile console). If you are remotely tech savvy PC has always been the better platform. The backwards compatibility alone makes it worth it. Nothing like revisiting 22 year old Morrowind with OpenMW on a cheap $350 laptop and then having those save files transfer over to my 11900k / 6900XT rig at 4k so I can play it modded out to ridiculous levels and back.

Hudo

People on PC don't actually play games, they just count the frames and masturbate.
awkward-meme-7.png

TxKnight7

This generation?
Since the resurgence in the 2008/10 PC has been the best platform.

When you consider emulation is a no brainer.
But now more games are coming to PC from all big companies sony/microsoft that was not the case 12 years ago.

Top Bottom