• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Anyone else playing Humanity?

Im starting it up. Seems like my kind of game. Odds are I'll end up buying it. Weird, unique, gameplay focused.

Too early to say if its good yet but I like that its something new.

And I agree it feels like total Japan Studio. Like echochrome + lemmings + Tokyo jungle vibes.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Very nice. Downloading.

Don't have time to check it out tonight unfortunately.

Looks like a fun puzzle game though.

im already stumped on the blow away stage 🤔
I was too. I got through it kind of brute force. Just filled the entire area with arrows pointing either up or to the side. And tried to start the run through the crowd with Goldie in the middle of a pack of guys. Not at the front or back. It worked on the 10th try. Probably a better way to do it.

Im totally stuck on stage 9.

Edit: beat stage 9

Last edited:
I was too. I got through it kind of brute force. Just filled the entire area with arrows pointing either up or to the side. And tried to start the run through the crowd with Goldie in the middle of a pack of guys. Not at the front or back. It worked on the 10th try. Probably a better way to do it.

Im totally stuck on stage 9.

Damn i feel like I’ve tried that and they still get him

I figured out the trick to the blowing stage I’ll put it in spoiler in case people don’t want the obvious answer

you have to push the fans and blow the others away so they don’t take the Goldie, duh, i knew those fans had some purpose.

Now im stuck on Start button stage…i think i almost have it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

You are humanity’s last hope. Good thing you just woke up as a Shiba Inu!

A unique blend of devious puzzle-solving and platformer-action mechanics, HUMANITY's ever-changing and eclectic gameplay experience will have you lead a horde of ever-forward-marching people into the light.

Place commands to direct the masses to turn, jump, push, float, climb (and more!) to salvation. Venture through a robust, 90-level narrative-driven story mode filled with mind-bending challenges, bosses, and a wide array of optional cosmetic unlockables.

There’s more! Dream up an obstacle course to put the humans through the wringer, or try your hand at crafting a puzzle to challenge others and share it with the world!

HUMANITY is coming to PS5, PS VR2 (optional), PS4, and PS VR (optional) in May 2023.

Lunarorbit

Nah. I don't like the aesthetic at all. It creeps me out actually. Blank backgrounds with people running around like lemmings on blocks.

It reminds me of the design limitations the snes had and how it would create unnerving environments unintentionally.

near

Gold Member
Downloading the demo now! I've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced 3 years ago!!

CamHostage

Oops, I almost forgot to pick up the demo with all the grumbling around that ill-conceived State of Play...

I have been looking forward to Humanity for a long time, and am so glad to hear good first impressions!

Too bad Sony left the handheld market, Humanity would never run on a Vita but it's totally the type of game I would veg out with in Remote Play rather than using the big screen system setup. (My PlayStation isn't even hooked up right now because I had to cannibalize some wires for other devices.) I'd like to try Moonlight on my portable Odin but my laptop can't really play PC games so that doesn't help a lot.

Bartski

Gold Member
Just stop what you're doing and fire it up in VR mode if you have the kit. It's transformative, I thought it was neat playing some stages on the tv but this perspective just makes it perfect

Perrott

Gold Member
The fact that the game doesn't stop when a new tutorial window pops up was annoying enough for me to delete the demo right away after I lost a golden human for that exact reason. Such basic quality of life features are the bare minimum for not only these kind of games, but all games in general in 2023.

Top Bottom