• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS studio Sucker Punch looks back at 20 years of making awesome games

Septimus

It's crazy how fucking amazing Second Son's graphics were in 2014 (and still are!) Can't wait to see what's next. These guys always make action games a joy to control. Right up there with MGS5.

Loudninja

It's crazy how fucking amazing Second Son's graphics were in 2014 (and still are!) Can't wait to see what's next. These guys always make action games a joy to control. Right up there with MGS5.
Yeah InFamous still looks great especially with the pro update.

jennetics

Sky Cooper sounds like the name of that kid in middle school whose parents came from an upper class family but then went all hippie and decided to tell everyone what a free spirit their son/daughter was.

OT, I can't freaking wait for what SP has in store for us.

I don't know if it'd ever be worth it but I'd love some kind of port or remaster of Rocket: Robot on Wheels. I own it for the N64 but there's something about the colors I remember giving me a headache and I couldn't play it for very long (which is weird and I think the only N64 game I have this issue with).

Even just as an unlockable in a future game, an arcade cabinet somewhere like how DK64 had all those old Rare games in it.

If they dont announce their new IP at PSX 2017, I will start to think it is a PS5 game.

If they do announce their new IP at PSX and don't give a release year/window, I will start to think it is a PS5 game. I won't really complain either way though.

VLiberty

I don't know if it'd ever be worth it but I'd love some kind of port or remaster of Rocket: Robot on Wheels. I own it for the N64 but there's something about the colors I remember giving me a headache and I couldn't play it for very long (which is weird and I think the only N64 game I have this issue with).

Even just as an unlockable in a future game, an arcade cabinet somewhere like how DK64 had all those old Rare games in it.

I guess you would have to ask Ubisoft for this. Ubisoft is not against remasters so it could happen, I guess there just isn't any "vocal" interest about it

I, for one, would love it. Do it, Ubisoft

Reedirect

I hope they break their silence soon. It's crazy First Light came out three years ago, and we haven't heard from these guys since.

F4r0_Atak

Obviously, we made some good decisions along the way, too. Sucker Punch history isn’t an uninterrupted string of near escapes from dumb mistakes… but those stories are a lot funnier. And we can’t wait to tell you the stories yet to come.
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...1506355287.4098811149597167968750#sf116537984

Hmmmm... announcement(s) for something new coming soon? When is the studio's birthday? Could they announce their new game at Paris Games Week? I really hope for them it's a new IP. I usually like their ideas and it would be great if they could work on something fresh before the end of this gen (which should be in 2 or 3 years). If they release their next game in 2018, they would have just enough time to work on another game before the new PS comes out (could be cross-gen too). :p

pswii60

I would love it if they went back to their platforming roots for their new game. But judging from the first party thread it seems SP might be in a bit of a shambles right now.

Sanke__

It is time for a game announcement

Absolutely insane how long they've been silent for

Hopefully it means they're making a giant shift to something amazing like Guerrilla with Horizon

Blobbers

If they reveal a new IP at PSX with a release date for 2018/early 2019 that officially means Sony is withholding megaton announcements from E3 and saving them for their own show. Don't know how I feel about that.

ViciousDS

Banned

Second Son is still one of my favorite games on the PS4......and its amazing because it launched 3 years ago......they truly found something to use and really explode their talent on.

Can't wait to see what they are working on....hoping for a PSX reveal.

F4r0_Atak

I would love it if they went back to their platforming roots for their new game. But judging from the first party thread it seems SP might be in a bit of a shambles right now.

Lol... either that or SP and Massive Black (one of the companies who worked in the concept art of InFamous) are just better at keeping secrets when it comes to their work. Especially if it's a new IP, you want to keep the hype for as long as possible. It could also be that their new project is currently the most ambitious thing they have worked on so far. I don't remember if it was Yoshida or Shinobi who said that and when they said that, but apparently it's gonna be more visually impressive than InFamous Second Son too. Sooo.... there's that. :p

And based on all the recent hirings (a lot of Senior openings), the new game/IP shouldn't be too far from completion. Most studios tend to add/hire additional Seniors mid-way through production to help improve the pipeline. Their new game shouldn't also be out of place from their usual games. I bet it is most likely an open-world and action-oriented (like InFamous)... I wonder if the trademark "The Sentinel" has anything to do with their upcoming game. :p

Who said they wouldn't? Lol XD

Remember they did add some Savage Starlight skins in UC4 multiplayer... soooo, let's cross our fingers they might have an additional announcement for PSX. :D

True .... unless they collaborated with eachother? O_O (is that even possible?) A man can dream :p

vypek

Sanzaru did a superb job with Thieves in Time, so I'd just love a continuation from them.

I'm ready to see SP work on something new, and the wait these past years has been excruciating.

Same here. While I liked the SP Sly games, I think the Sanzaru game was the best overall Sly game in the series. Still not crazy about mini game portions of the games but I guess that is just something that they'll always have.

FelipeMGM

Really interesting read! Sly Cooper was one of my favorite series on PS2, and I still have Cole's backpack that came with the special edition of Infamous 2! Can't wait to see what their new project is whenever they're ready to show it. I'm kind of hoping for a PSX reveal.

On a related but unrelated note, what ever happened to the Sly Cooper movie?

its not a movie anymore, but rather a TV series

I was just wondering about what these guys are up to a couple days ago, they've been too quiet lately. Hoping that they have something to show off.

Top Bottom