• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Game of Show for E3 2019

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

I actually do think an amazing remake could possibly win game of the show. But what I want to know is, did press get to experience gameplay for cyberpunk?

Because otherwise, the game of the show award goes to Keanu Reeves, who isn't a game.

Besides the trailer, people were really
impressed by the gameplay demo behind closed doors.

Ok then. I guess I'll have to....trust...the...gaming press

Last edited:

Fbh

Congrats to CDR, can't wait to play this.

Also it's nice that this is releasing day 1 on the only actually good PC store front...GOG

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, tbh I couldn't care less about that. Besides Keanu Reeves who was great.

For me it was mainly BotW 2 (if that counts given how brief it is), LA remake, Animal Crossing, Star Wars, and FF 7 Remake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Zelda got a lot of awards!!! I'm sure Astral will win a lot at Tokyo game show! :D
I don’t really care about “award”, it just seem most websites didn’t bother covering this game. I know it wasn’t playable on show floor but there was nice gameplay footage from treehouse but even EZA give some thoughts or impressions about the game.

I feel like this game is getting ignored because there is no controversy behind the game or delays or downgrade so game journalists make news from it.

CyberPanda

Banned
Who are those people?
I think staff members from CD, or could be IGN people. Not sure to be honest. They're blocking all the awards I wanted to read though. Assholes lol.
I don’t really care about “award”, it just seem most websites didn’t bother covering this game. I know it wasn’t playable on show floor but there was nice gameplay footage from treehouse but even EZA give some thoughts or impressions about the game.

I feel like this game is getting ignored because there is no controversy behind the game or delays or downgrade so game journalists make news from it.
It seems thats the case, yes. But, I presume as the months pass Astral will get more media attention from previews alone. Don't worry!

JimiNutz

Banned
Game looks amazing and I know that games journalists got to see gameplay, but I am a bit disappointed that they didn't release gameplay to the public at E3 for the second year running

Doom Eternal is the peoples champ in my opinion.

CyberPanda

Banned
Game looks amazing and I know that games journalists got to see gameplay, but I am a bit disappointed that they didn't release gameplay to the public at E3 for the second year running

Doom Eternal is the peoples champ in my opinion.
I'm sure they'll release a video later in the summer for public to see. They did after all have that 48 minute gameplay demo video last year. And, Doom Eternal does look very good, it'll be very nice to play with the RTX effects on, and all the gibs flying across the screen. >_>

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It seems thats the case, yes. But, I presume as the months pass Astral will get more media attention from previews alone. Don't worry!
But don’t you think that’s kind of shitty!!? A game can’t get proper attention unless it has some kind of “controversy” behind it? The game looks super polished, so no doubt in my mind they worked their ass off for this but unlike most developers they didn’t announce their games so early, they can keep their promise and release it right on time which is rare these days and it’s getting released worldwide, both west and Japan getting the game same day. That’s fantastic but what’s their reward? Nothing, they barely getting any attention. It’s really frustrating.

CyberPanda

Banned
But don’t you think that’s kind of shitty!!? A game can’t get proper attention unless it has some kind of “controversy” behind it? The game looks super polished, so no doubt in my mind they worked their ass off for this but unlike most developers they didn’t announce their games so early, they can keep their promise and release it right on time which is rare these days and it’s getting released worldwide, both west and Japan getting the game same day. That’s fantastic but what’s their reward? Nothing, they barely getting any attention. It’s really frustrating.
I agree, it is shitty. But, you have to take into account how much marketing money is going into Cyberpunk. It's just like a film conferences, where the film with the biggest budget gets the most attention. It's not like the film's with lower budgets are bad, but unfortunately they don't get as much press. But Astral is getting a lot of attention online, and it will sell very good and do great in reviews! Do not worry!!!!

Top Bottom