• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you knocked up a girl, would you marry her or force her to abort????

If you knocked up a girl, would you marry her or force her to abort????

• marry her

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • abortion

Votes: 31 36.0%

• Total voters

ExpandKong

Banned
Depending on where we are at financially i would discuss with her on getting an abortion of we cannot afford to give our child a good life, but at the end of the day it is her body and her choice and i will live with the consequences of my actions*.

*Her actions. Or rather, her decisions. If, like you say, at the end of the day it's "her body her choice" then you're on board with whatever she chooses no matter what your personal feelings are.

Want to raise the child but she wants to abort? Too bad your opinion doesn't matter.

Want to adopt the child out to some established couple that can't have their own children so you don't have a baby murder on your conscience while also giving some other people the greatest gift of all, but she doesn't want to get fat? Too bad your opinion doesn't matter.

Want to abort the baby but you've got a decent job and she wants a meal ticket for the next 18 years? Too bad your opinion doesn't matter.

Careful who you stick your dingus in, fellas, coz at the end of the day your opinions and beliefs don't matter.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I wouldn't marry her just because she threatened to otherwise abort the pregnancy.

Even though I don't believe that abortion is moral (unless the fetus is determined to have severe congenital defects or poses a threat to the mother's health), I wouldn't feel guilty about refusing to be forced into a life-changing arrangement; the guilt would rest solely on the mother.

Furthermore, a woman who's willing to use a zygote or fetus as a bargaining tool isn't someone that anywould should marry; who's to say what she'd do once you marry her?

Finally, I wouldn't ever get married under any other circumstance either. Divorce rates are high nowadays and are increasing, and divorces typically result in men completely losing custody of their children to their ex-wives, losing half of whatever they and their ex-wives earned during the marriage (even if the men earned everything), and being required to pay alimony to their ex-wives. Getting married is risky, in my opinion, and antiquated.

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Man... that is a loaded thread title. Kinda skewing the question with the phrasing there.

Where's the adoption option? If we're running a hypothetical scenario in which the guy actually gets to choose the outcome then surely it's not just a keep or abort scanario.

Anyway, you're a guy. At the point that conception has occurred your choice in the matter is gone. Cold hard truth. Wrap it up and play safe, lads.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
First I'd request a paternity test. She can get laid within 30 minutes of picking up her phone and probably does exactly that.

If it's mine, and she's already offering an abortion or marriage, I start finding the cheapest place that does abortions. If it's in some unmarked building in a bad part of town, you're on the right path.

After bringing her there, act very supportive. Let her get back into the room with the doctor alone. Now you can finally leave and block her phone number.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Is there a neither option?

I wouldn't have to marry her, but it's also her child and her body so I can't force her to abort either.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If you marry someone just cause you got her pregnant, you are most probably ruining 3 lives.
lol this is the most cynical, nihilist attitude ever. no wonder you have no appreciation for the value of life.

newsflash, in the past people got married cos they got pregnant. they made it work.

turns out not everyone has to be a selfish asshole their entire lives.

Last edited:

TheContact

another option is to not marry and also not abort. marriage shouldn't be something that's forced just bc there's a child involved. if you guys don't work out together and you force yourself to stay with each other, it's not gonna be good for ANYONE in that situation including the child

#Phonepunk#

Banned
see this is where i really think it is a Death Cult.

secularly speaking, on a materialist level alone, you would think you would WANT to construct a legacy. that you would want to educate the next generation, to try and teach them to be better people, to leave the world better off than when you got here. Evolutionary theory is all about propogating the species, passing on your genetic material. so it is anti-evolution, anti-science, anti-Christian. DNA is the basic building blocks of life, the mechanics of reproduction have proven to work for tens of millions of years, yet we are essentially ALT-F4ing that natural process with public money, most often for the idea that we don't want to be inconvenienced.

a new life is a miracle, a family has naturally formed. but the society says no, you need to focus only on yourself, your own pleasure. the alienation of consumerism. your Young Self is made into an avatar by popular culture, a culture which worships youth and detests old people. you see it nowadays all the time, people openly hoping for millions of people to die. you must sacrifice all for this, your friends, your (racist) family, your country, etc. build it into the most woke most hedonistic Young God you can idealizing, like a Super Narcissist. this is why marketers prize the Young Adult demographic. it is sexy. it is hedonistic. they tap into this energy and encourage it.

Young Adults can be brainwashed (through college) into the Death Cult. feminism as a theoretical base underpins the reasons for abortion, and just as it is demanded that everyone be a feminist, it is demanded that everyone support abortion. not just support in it, openly revel in it. doubling down. like Narcissus we gaze into our own reflection and are trapped in time. we are rendered inert. note how pop culture has stopped progressing -- sequels and remakes and reboots -- the death of the individual will necessarily be reflected in the death of culture. culture is a living thing, like the human beings. interesting how ever since we started OKing the government funded killing of humans (they are scientifically verifiable as gendered human fetuses around day 40) we witnessed the death of the traditional family and the ensuing death of the cultural common language as well. abortion is performative moral relativism as Literal Sacrificial Ritual.

the idea of indulging in Self Identity, that we can all choose whatever we want to do, objective reality and consequences be damned. it is not real. real biology does not support this. it does not support endlessly living like you are 21. yet they must always remain frozen in that Perfect Youth. it is an avatar of Pride. this is the primary God of the Death Cult. your own glorious self, which can be any gender it wants, which can live any way it wants. not even the very biology of reproduction will stop you. strip away all symbolism and this is spitting in the face of evolution itself, which requires passing down and mutation of genes. it is a Death Ritual against science as well as the old traditions. the old traditions are not simply replaced or ignored, they are spat upon, violently torn down. this tells me that deep down the emptiness of chasing death for Consumerism is hurting their souls. they are committing biological genealogical suicide, in the name of me me me.

Last edited:
So. A girl. You've been seeing her for a few months and it's all going great and all of a sudden she calls you up and she wants you to meet her for dinner. And you're like yeah sure.
Then, at dinner, she tells you that she's pregnant. It's your child. She then says you can choose. You marry me or I get an abortion. 😲
What would you do?

I'll go first. Well I'd fucking marry her. It's the way I was raised and it's something I feel is my obligation. But I do understand people who choose to get an abortion. I ain't judging.

"Force her to abort"

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when you consider all the insane mathematical near impossibilities involved in (first getting laid, then) a sperm fighting his way to the front and successfully impregnating an egg and quickly grow organs and a brain and heart that will beat on its own for 80+ years, and then think, "oh you weren't really planning on this happening, let's just end this miracle right now". that's kind of amazing.

also kind of in awe of the phrase "Planned Parenthood". it is pretty sneaky! much of it involves AVOIDING being a parent. yet the phrase almost seems like it is there to help parents with children and families. contraceptives make you not a parent, abortion makes you not a parent. ironically, the person who visits them for an abortion is engaging in "planned parenthood", despite declaring that the baby is not a living human, (and they are not parents) thus negating the term parent. or are they saying you can be a parent to an inhuman, non-living object? that is a scary thought to entertain let alone back up with millions of dollars.

or is it more that they WOULD be a parent, in the future, and this is a kind of Minority Report style future killing, saving the future person from a life of poverty and a bad mother, by killing them before birth? of course, the problem with this line of thinking is, plenty of people live through poverty, plenty of people have bad parents, and still come out alright.

Last edited:

DogofWar

I had known my wife 5 months when she became pregnant with our first child.
So yeah...

Don't know how I would have reacted if it was some dumb girl from one of my pub adventures, but when you have one child abortion all of a sudden became something unthinkable.

nkarafo

Neither.

I would suggest abortion but that's her choice. She would keep it if she wanted and i would support her as much as i could if i didn't want to marry her.

Kimahri

Banned
I'd tell her that if she's so irresponsible, and cares so little for that baby that she's willing to throw it away on an ultimatum, she's not ready to be a mum.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Y not adoption?? Give the kid a fighting chance if u wanna abandon the young one. Just leave em on the doorstep step of some rich Hollywood actor.

GAMETA

Banned
Abortion is not an option.

Marriage would depend on the girl. If she's not crazy or somehow fucked up and wanted to marry, and if I liked her somehow, sure, we could try.

If she was crazy or somehow fucked up, then maybe we could be single parents.

I knocked my wife up while we were dating. Honestly, it’s probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. My wife is awesome and my kid is a blast. Maybe the relationship with my wife will change over time but 4 years in and it’s been great. Wouldn’t change it for the world.

Top Bottom