• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you knocked up a girl, would you marry her or force her to abort????

If you knocked up a girl, would you marry her or force her to abort????

• marry her

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • abortion

Votes: 31 36.0%

• Total voters
So. A girl. You've been seeing her for a few months and it's all going great and all of a sudden she calls you up and she wants you to meet her for dinner. And you're like yeah sure.
Then, at dinner, she tells you that she's pregnant. It's your child. She then says you can choose. You marry me or I get an abortion. 😲
What would you do?

I'll go first. Well I'd fucking marry her. It's the way I was raised and it's something I feel is my obligation. But I do understand people who choose to get an abortion. I ain't judging.

Last edited:

Barsinister

Banned
WLw9MbM.jpg

Sejan

This isn’t a binary choice. You could continue dating and raise a baby together. Put the baby up for adoption. If one of you wants to raise the baby and the other doesn’t, there are options there as well. Rushing to either marriage or abortion is taking a bad situation and making it worse.

Gargus

Banned
I'd never marry her. Unless we both wanted to before the pregnancy and we had that kind of connection. Why be miserable by marrying her? Worst case scenario is you have to pay child support till its 18 and you're free and clear. Marry her and you'll financially be much much worse off.

Abort? It's not the man's place to abort or not abort. Once that baby is in her then it's her decision whether she keeps it or gets rid of it. Only two people involved in that scenario is her and her dr that will either treat her during the pregnancy or the doctor that will coat hanger that kid into the afterlife.

But dont think you ever have to "marry her because it's the right thing to do" she is equally to blame here, unless you raped her that is. She took part in the fucking just like you did.

Really though if she can have the right kill that little shitstain then you should have the right to abandon it and not pay anything.

Lesson is NEVER fuck a chic unless you wrap your rascle. No amount of fucking is worth the decade's of pain and torture to follow.

Barnabot

I'd choose to each one live their lives as single but still parents nonetheless. No need to sacrifice a unborn child just because you were too horny at the moment and not wanting to use a condom when you just wanted to bang someone.

JSoup

Banned
On the next episode of Maury, "I'm 16 and my boyfriend denys he's the father of my baby!!!"

I knew a guy who had a situation like this, but since the women was under age (as he was), the court wouldn't compel her to take a pregnancy test.
So he got both of them on one of these shows (whatever the popular one was in the late 90s).
Then, after the show said it was his (he knew it wasn't), said his family wasn't going to help raise the kid at all to prompt her family to sue.
Her family gets in front of a judge, who's like "The fact that your only proof is a day-time tv paternity test that *flips through pages* is missing well over half the information it's legally required to doesn't really put me on your side of this".
Court ordered that the doctor administering the test should send in a full copy of the results, only for the show's lawyers to say "we admit that the results are played up for purposes of entertainment and are no replacement seeing an actual damn doctor, per the contract both parties signed".
Annoyed judge found in favor of my friend.

lock2k

Banned
So. A girl. You've been seeing her for a few months and it's all going great and all of a sudden she calls you up and she wants you to meet her for dinner. And you're like yeah sure.
Then, at dinner, she tells you that she's pregnant. It's your child. She then says you can choose. You marry me or I get an abortion. 😲
What would you do?

I'll go first. Well I'd fucking marry her. It's the way I was raised and it's something I feel is my obligation. But I do understand people who choose to get an abortion. I ain't judging.
You can't force someone to abort unless you're a fucking psycho.

Whoever gets a woman pregnant without wanting it is a fucking moron anyway. Just wrap up the damn dong. :)

I’d tell her, sorry babe. You’re gonna love being a single mother.

giphy.gif

good luck trying to catch my ass for child support. I’m Keyser Soze. I’m gone like a fart in the wind.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

TheMan

Well, I haven't been in this exact same situation, but I did marry a girl after getting her pregnant (hell, that thread earned me a tag back in the day). Can't say I'd be in favor of abortion in your situation, but 12 years later I kind of wish I hadn't gotten married.

MaestroMike

Gold Member

if ive been seeing her for a few months, then shes probably attractive in my book and I would help support the kid, but why marry after 3 months??? makes no sense, but i would help support the baby other than that i don't wanna abort no babies gotta man up and take responsibility

Kenpachii

Knocking a girl up is the girls problem really not the guy no matter how people like to spin it. She could use the pill if she's sexually active if she doesn't she takes the risk and there you go.

It's her body her rules.. No double standards.

Because if she doesn't want the kid there is nothing that's going to stop her from removing it no matter what the guys thinks about it. So the guy honestly involvement with the decision is zero.

The people that state men up and serve is laughable at best. This only creates chicks getting pregnant on purpose because of dumbass statements like that. Because pay my bills you dead beat dad!!!!!. yea what about start to get a job yourself you dead beat mom.

Also marrying is nothing but a novelty party for people that just want to celebrate there x amount of time together. People using marriage to trap each other will just get divorced sooner or later.

Top Bottom