• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Nintendo was another company, they would dominate the Metaverse.

Meta-Tendo?

• Your joke sounds too real and I don't like it.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Delete this.

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • This will happen.

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Ezquimacore

Banned
...And sell a bunch of NFTs.

I'm not going to give you a theory or blah blah blah. Just a top 5.

1. Buy a house in Meta Hyrule, the richer you are the closer you are to AI Zelda and Link, They need a rich sidekick to destroy GANON!
da2e12fcdd0dcc23d5a7c661545fd3b2106ee391.gifv

2. Buy a house in Meta Mushroom Kingdom, Mario needs more coins!!!! buy shit from him! but first here are some levels created by Miyamoto... play them for "FREE"
mario-coins.gif

3. Do you like Pokemon? you can travel with your own PIKACHU ACROSS EVERY NINTENDO METAVERSE... Pikachu will need some NFT apples tho.
pokemon-pikachu.gif

4. WELCOME TO META-ANIMAL CROSSING! where you can live with your friends and do the same shit you do in Animal Crossing... but now is META. Sadly you can die as a villager if you don't feed yourself the right way, for a price of course.
DaishoCon-7844.jpg

5. Here's your long awaited F-ZERO game, we will give you your first Falcon MK2 for free, but obviously if you want to be better than everyone you need upgrades, new paint and a garage!!!!
captain-falcon-anime.gif

Thankfully Nintendo can't even get online gaming well, so we are safe........ for now.

ParaSeoul

If Nintendo were a different company they'd dominate the metaverse but you're also implying it will happen so is Nintendo going to become a different company?

Zannegan

NFT food (which you can pay for with real money) that cute virtual animals need to survive is one of the vilest game ideas I've ever read. Therefore, I'm thinking standard industry practice in 5-6 years.

To be fair, non-monetized NFTs that go beyond cosmetics could be used in creative and interesting ways. Imagine a game in the monster raising genre that had a breeding/genetics component to it, and maybe even monsters with life cycles. It could make for some really compelling strategic farmville-on-crack management gameplay in addition to the inevitable battling.

The instant money gets in the mix though, any potential bonuses to the gameplay go right out the window for me. I'd rather not play than feel like I'm being manipulated.

Nintendo and I have one thing in common.

Neither of us know (or care) what the hell the Metaverse is.

Last edited:

Barakov

...And sell a bunch of NFTs.

I'm not going to give you a theory or blah blah blah. Just a top 5.

1. Buy a house in Meta Hyrule, the richer you are the closer you are to AI Zelda and Link, They need a rich sidekick to destroy GANON!
da2e12fcdd0dcc23d5a7c661545fd3b2106ee391.gifv

2. Buy a house in Meta Mushroom Kingdom, Mario needs more coins!!!! buy shit from him! but first here are some levels created by Miyamoto... play them for "FREE"
mario-coins.gif

3. Do you like Pokemon? you can travel with your own PIKACHU ACROSS EVERY NINTENDO METAVERSE... Pikachu will need some NFT apples tho.
pokemon-pikachu.gif

4. WELCOME TO META-ANIMAL CROSSING! where you can live with your friends and do the same shit you do in Animal Crossing... but now is META. Sadly you can die as a villager if you don't feed yourself the right way, for a price of course.
DaishoCon-7844.jpg

5. Here's your long awaited F-ZERO game, we will give you your first Falcon MK2 for free, but obviously if you want to be better than everyone you need upgrades, new paint and a garage!!!!
captain-falcon-anime.gif

Thankfully Nintendo can't even get online gaming well, so we are safe........ for now.
Venom 2 Reaction GIF by Venom Movie

Man if people really buy into this meta shit we are officially doomed. If parents would get their fucking heads out of their asses and raise their kids…!

Jeeves

If Nintendo was the company described here....they would not have remained in business long enough to see the so-called 'meta-verse'.

Top Bottom