• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If DRM wasn't BAD enough already here is more

hlm666

Why is AMD listed here? the article is all about Intel alder lake and DRM issues with the little cores which AMD isn't doing, they don't give a shit what core your DRM loads up.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
No it doesnt
Console gamers:
Love Myself Kiss GIF by WWE

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
AMD going hybrid is even more older news.

What do you mean?
Isnt Zen 4 confirmed to still be the chiplet design?
What is AMD using for their E-cores?

EDIT: Looks like you are basing AMD going hybrid on a patent for whats either Zen 5 or Zen 6.
As in after 2024/5.

Not something id be worrying about right now considering by then Alderlake and Raptorlake will have been out a while and DRM makers will have figured out how to get their software to work with hybrid systems.

P.S Intel is already working with "popular" DRM makers to have their solutions working out of the box.
I dont think this is anything to worry about.
Its Intels dev FAQ just ticking all the boxes for developers to understand that if their DRM software doesnt recognize multiple architectures in a system it might go wonky.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

What do you mean?
Isnt Zen 4 confirmed to still be the chiplet design?
What is AMD using for their E-cores?

EDIT: Looks like you are basing AMD going hybrid on a patent for whats either Zen 5 or Zen 6.
As in after 2024/5.

Not something id be worrying about right now considering by then Alderlake and Raptorlake will have been out a while and DRM makers will have figured out how to get their software to work with hybrid systems.

P.S Intel is already working with "popular" DRM makers to have their solutions working out of the box.
I dont think this is anything to worry about.
Its Intels dev FAQ just ticking all the boxes for developers to understand that if their DRM software doesnt recognize multiple architectures in a system it might go wonky.
ofc DRM makers will update their DRM. This is not going to be much of an issue for newer games but it will an issue with older games.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
ofc DRM makers will update their DRM. This is not going to be much of an issue for newer games but it will an issue with older games.
We dont know of any DRM that will be affected by hybrid CPUs.
Intel is simply stating if your game is using a middleware double check that it doesnt do some stupid CPU/architecture checks as it might see a different architecture each time the game is booted.

Currently this shouldnt be an issue with the new scheduler cept for maybe something like securom or some shit.

TrueLegend

We dont know of any DRM that will be affected by hybrid CPUs.
Intel is simply stating if your game is using a middleware double check that it doesnt do some stupid CPU/architecture checks as it might see a different architecture each time the game is booted.

Currently this shouldnt be an issue with the new scheduler cept for maybe something like securom or some shit.
Well, I am going with where there is smoke there's fire. Things like content protection of even something like Windows Antimalware Content Service have created issues for me in the past. I think this development warrants a second look for those looking to buy the new Intel CPUs. I have been very positive about these CPUs but being cautious is the best policy with new tech in my opinion. A lot of modern software and Hardware are designed these days to not play well with older stuff.

Top Bottom