• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i want opinions on Life of P from the people who played and finished and loved the souls games

Fabieter

It has a sick atmosphere but you everything people tell you that's its the same quality as from Software isn't true.

GymWolf

I finished the game. It's bs what attacks some bosses do.
The wind up animations are non existing. And they move wrongly considering their size sometimes.
My problem was not with non-existent wind up animations but with overly retarded animations.

But it was nothing that i would call bullshit, just a matter of getting used.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Nah, hes right. I've seen Dark Souls players that are much better than me struggle with this game and its bosses while I managed to defeat all of them WITHOUT any summon/specter thingy. No idea why some struggle so much. I did rage at a few shitty bosses but I got gud.
I died 10x more times in gow ragnarock on max difficulty than many souls games or clones but some people said to me that it's not that hard...

Some people just connect more with some games than others for a number of reasons.

hlm666

I liked it and currently on ng++ for the 3rd ending but I do think the praise is a little over the top and I think surge 2 was a better game (haha shots fired heading to bunker).

I'll just say there is a run button, and if your not a speed runner and don't need to perfect parry a boss to death in 20 seconds you can beat alot of the bosses by running around and slapping them on the ass if you want.

Also it has enemy mid attack tracking, and that is one of the lamest ways soulslikes try to inflate difficulty and I can't think of one that hasn't done it.

Lokaum D+

I ll say this again, this game is so good, that if someone said to me it is a Froms game i would believe.

Its my 2023 GotY

Last edited:
Top Bottom