• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I lit up one of my graduate students...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
...who thought it would appropriate to hand these chocolates
RogSn5K.jpg

out before class started.

I don't know what's more annoying - the fact that he thought it would be okay to hand this shit out in class, or that nobody else said anything until I got a look at it and went ballistic. Turning it into a teachable moment was the only way I could salvage the class, and by rights I should probably be more jaded at casual bigotry, but still - come the fuck on.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
That's fucked up, man. Who knew you could even buy stickers like that?

This kinda makes me feel like I do when I see young folks smoking. I just sort of expect them, by virtue of being part of the "next generation", to be smarter than that kinda mess.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Any youtube footage or a transcript? Or did you blackout in rage and wake up with blood on your hands?

Turgenev

Banned
Although this might seem like a harmless joke to many I can easily see how things like this add up to create an atmosphere of hostility towards gay people. I do hope you made it into a learning experience for the students so they don't just feel like they are constantly being monitored by the "PC" police. If they don't understand the consequences they're not gonna stop. It's taken me a long time to stop saying "that's gay". I used to just avoid it around gay people but I've learned that's not acceptable either or right.

braves01

Banned
Is no homo hate speech? I thought it was just a way to make it clear you aren't making an advance on another man when you compliment how he looks.

edit: not quite what the poor fool who upset bish meant by it though

Seda

It's almost as though Bish bans people in real life.

In any case, he should have thought that through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom