• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel like enough time has passed, Xbox could really tap into nostalgia with an “original Xbox edition” of the Series X with the original Xbox’s body

jcorb

Okay, so that’s a long fuckin thread title. My bad, y’all.

Still, I was just thinking how Xbox has finally crossed that line, I think, where there is probably a lot of nostalgia towards the original Xbox. I saw it even make a little cameo as an easter egg in the Halo show this season.

Especially if you had that transparent green shell from the iconic Halo edition console — I’m not even a huge Halo fan (despite having mentioned it twice now), but I definitely remember it being pretty hype back in the day.

Obviously, having a completely different body is easier said than done. But I think if they were able to add even more backwards compatibility, I could see that really getting people hyped more about “Xbox” as a brand, not just a console.

Food for thought!

MS: The best deal we will give you is a duke controller instead.

b5e2bb49acca9baf8369ff14d88fa776.jpg

17ba0ffc3210eaa9e4aa25ec5a64126d.jpg

I mean, I know Xbox is infamous for releasing more consoles than games, but I don't think right now is the time. But... now that I think about it, they are crazy enough to make a fridge and a toaster... I can see them releasing another appliance or even a PC tower in the shape of the OG Xbox. or a "mini og x box"

lachesis

I wouldn’t mind a mini version, not actual size. It was way too big, but my launch ps5 probably bigger…. Hmmm. :)

StueyDuck

Personally to me, xbox only became iconic with the 360, and I'd say rather save up or use that nostalgia for that.

But at the end of the day does it change much, I didn't rush out and rebuy a ps4 with the anniversary addition.

An xbox mini though, or like a streaming box shaped like a small og. Maybe that could sell well

DaGwaphics

A smaller version based on the OG could be used for XSS, though the fan grill would need to be worked in. Would be an interesting idea for an anniversary edition or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom