• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I eat burgers with a knife and fork, I even created a process for complex burgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reasons for doing so are as a follows.

Large multilayered burgers are damn near impossible to put into your mouth whole.
Your hands and fingers stay clean when you use cutlery.

So let's go through the the process I mentioned for those especially complex burgers.

Step 1 - remove the buns, this can get tricky when sticky melted cheese is involved. Check the freshness of the buns while you are at it.

Step 2 - remove salad, tomatoes, pickles etc.

Step 3 - separate burgers and if included bacon, cut burgers into chunks.

Step 4 - eat components in order of steps 1 to 3. So buns first, then salad, tomatoes etc then then the burger itself.

Naturally add or remove steps based on extras that maybe included like onion rings and the like.

GHG

Gold Member
So wait... you deconstruct the burger then eat it all separately bit by bit?

I don't even know what to say...

Biochet

The reasons for doing so are as a follows.

Large multilayered burgers are damn near impossible to put into your mouth whole.
Your hands and fingers stay clean when you use cutlery.

So let's go through the the process I mentioned for those especially complex burgers.

Step 1 - remove the buns, this can get tricky when sticky melted cheese is involved. Check the freshness of the buns while you are at it.

Step 2 - remove salad, tomatoes, pickles etc.

Step 3 - separate burgers and if included bacon, cut burgers into chunks.

Step 4 - eat components in reverse order of steps 1 to 3. So buns first, then salad, tomatoes etc then then the burger itself.

Naturally add or remove steps based on extras that maybe included like onion rings and the like.

stopped reading here. you're a monster

- J - D -

Relevant:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489362

20120730-jakes-burger-intro.jpg

So I can understand OP in some circumstances. A lot of burgers are designed in a way that can't be eaten in hand.

rainz

People bag on me for eating one thing at a time eg all my fries before touching the burger. But this.. this is way weirder than that... its not right..

UrbanRats

1. Order spaghetti with sauce.
2. Take a single strand of spaghetti with index finger and thumb.
3. "Wash" spaghetti from residual sauce, in glass of water.
4. Eat the cleaned out noodle.
5. Repeat until plate is clean.
6. Drink now-sauce-flavored water to finish off the meal.

I do this when a burger is too messy. But instead of taking it apart I just start shredding it all up and in the end it's more like a burger salad. Not every bite gets every part of the burger, bun, and toppings but I try to keep it fairly even with each bite.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Relevant:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489362

20120730-jakes-burger-intro.jpg

So I can understand OP in some circumstances. A lot of burgers are designed in a way that can't be eaten in hand.
I make it a point to avoid places that serve skyscraper burgers like that bullshit above. The blending of flavors is an important part of the experience for me. That burger is more about the chef's ego than the customer's ability to eat it.

Nope, nope, and nope.

outsida

You monster....

I ate a double cheese burger from Portillo's yesterday. Very messy and very delicious. I couldn't imagine ruining that by using a knife and fork.

MC Safety

New Yorkers elected Bill DiBlaso to be their mayor and he eats pizza with a knife and fork.

So I guess the moral of the story is anyone can be mayor of New York.

dh4niel

People that deconstruct burgers to eat them are clearly psychopaths.

Unless it's one of those ridiculously tall burgers then it's fine.

_Ryo_

Why order a burger if you're gonna remove the buns and the toppings and eat the veggies as a salad?

At that point you'd be better off ordering an actual salad made of lettuce, onion, cheese, tomato, pickles, croutons, and ground beef.

Or you can go the pasta route. Pasta with cheese, and ground beef with garlic bread as the side.

Knowing you though, youd probably slice the bread into tiny bits and eat if with a fork.

:/

Bluth54

The only person I've ever seen do that sort of thing is Gordon Ramsey when tasting burgers on Kitchen Nightmares. Maybe the OP is secretly Gordon Ramsey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom