• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I caved and I'm looking for a Xbox Series X to purchase..... Xbox is just too hot right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
The value of Gamepass is just too good and I'm not missing out on Starfield, Elderscrolls and Doom.

I've been pretty much Playstation only gamer since the Xbox 360 but now that I'm missing out on tangibly good games I said forget about it.

Let's face the fact ladies and germs, Xbox is the future! Can't wait to play some Infinite:messenger_smiling_hearts:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Recent events have certainly made Series a very tantalizing purchase.

If/Once you do, look into how you can get cheap 3 years game pass ultimate by converting Gold. You'll have a metric ton of games at your disposal and another metric ton in the next 3 years.

Welcome to Green Rat Club.
The first rule of Green Rat Club is: Phil Spencer is our lord and saviour.
The second rule of Green Rat Club is: Game Pass is the best deal in the history of mankind.
Final rule is: If this is your first time at Green Rat Club, you have to sell your PS5.

Just having fun

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Why
My XsX kinda just collects dust (especially now I have a gpu). Infinite is not as good as I hoped. I guess I’m picky with my games and how impressed I am with them, probably because I don’t have a ton of free time to blow.
Why don't you sell the OP yours then?

Seems like a win win.

skneogaf

Enjoy your ability to play games that release on both consoles and have now stopped feeling like you have to choose a side (tribalism)

GenericUser

I bought one, after microsoft bought activision and moved all my future purchases from playstation to xbox. I was never a big fan of the sony exclusives anyway and call of duty becoming xbox exclusive was the tipping point for me. I now own both, the xbox and the ps5. Nice consoles, both of them. Can't wait for dying light 2 this week and starfield / stalker 2 next december.

I don't think sony can survive in the long run though. If microsoft buys EA next year (which is "only" 38 billion) it's over for sony. They can't afford to loose fifa AND cod normies.

DavidGzz

I'm pricing PC's that would be a good bit more powerful than a XSX and it's through the roof(3.5k+). You can't beat the value of the X or S at the moment. If you don't care about mods and early access games, XSX is the way to go if you can find one.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
In before some half brain posts that Sony is the only company with great games.
Having both is great, you miss out on nothing!

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just used a concierge service to score me a second Series X since I live in three countries. Def worth it.

Switch and Series X are my global consoles, PS5 is a London indulgence.

The value of Gamepass is just too good and I'm not missing out on Starfield, Elderscrolls and Doom.

I've been pretty much Playstation only gamer since the Xbox 360 but now that I'm missing out on tangibly good games I said forget about it.

Let's face the fact ladies and germs, Xbox is the future! Can't wait to play some Infinite:messenger_smiling_hearts:
Where are this games? At PS side you will have big games in the coming months while the mentioned games don't have even a gameplay trailer and will be years off. Gamepass is bullshit. You see everyone can write a hyperbole, but you made this thread with the intention to create drama

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, I’ve got a series S and I’ve barely touched my PS4 Pro since. I’m going to get a series X for the sitting room soon, and leave the PS4 and series S in the spare room. Gamepass is just too appealing a value proposition.

I’m yet to be convinced to buy a PS5, but I’m sure once their blockbuster 1st party titles come around I’ll change my mind.

PS5/Series X in the sitting room, PS4 Pro/Series S in the spare room. Yeah
Get a PC, no reason to lock yourself in a closed system if you have the option.
Well there’s plenty of reasons to be fair; cost, ease of use, doesn’t need an entire desk dedicated to it.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Very happy with my PS5, but also checking out that XSX sexiness.
Shame they are sold out or overpriced everywhere.

Where are this games? At PS side you will have big games in the coming months while the mentioned games don't have even a gameplay trailer and will be years off. Gamepass is bullshit. You see everyone can write a hyperbole, but you made this thread with the intention to create drama
Calm down, people can be excited by Xbox too you know, no need to go into a frenzy and start the drama because you’re triggered.

Lupin25

I bought one, after microsoft bought activision and moved all my future purchases from playstation to xbox. I was never a big fan of the sony exclusives anyway and call of duty becoming xbox exclusive was the tipping point for me. I now own both, the xbox and the ps5. Nice consoles, both of them. Can't wait for dying light 2 this week and starfield / stalker 2 next december.

I don't think sony can survive in the long run though. If microsoft buys EA next year (which is "only" 38 billion) it's over for sony. They can't afford to loose fifa AND cod normies.

That’s not likely.

They’re the market leader and it’s one game compared to multiple online offerings exclusive to PS.

FIFA is multi-platform indefinitely, why would a public league want a game’s full exclusivity?

And MS has no final call with FIFA:

FIFA does.

That’s precisely the reason why MLB: The Show went multi-platform (MLB’s ultimate decision).

I doubt the FTC would allow them, but assuming every studio is available for purchase is naive. Not every one had the backlash AB received all last year (all while enduring stock dips).

Last edited:
Calm down, people can be excited by Xbox too you know, no need to go into a frenzy and start the drama because you’re triggered.
I am calm. In my pants out of bed with a hot coffee and taking breakfast while reading some threads. If he came with good intentions I wouldn't even comments but they way the OP thread reads is like a bait thread

T0minator

I've had PS and Xbox since the very beginning. If you haven't had an Xbox since the 360 then you've missed a couple of good first party games. If it was the other way around your mind would be blown by the amount of games you've missed.

Xbox and PS5 are the future. Xbox Series X hasn't hit their stride yet with content not until the later half of this year into next year.

For now checking out the backlog would your only choice. Both will do really really well this generation. Being a multi-console owner is the best way to go this generation

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I won't be sold off of promises. I need way more than Halo Infinite and FH5 to justify another $500 console. Halo 5 Guardians and FH4 missed the mark for me on Xbox One

The games on Xbox that I have a little interest in are Hellblade 2, Indiana Jones, Fable (if it's a reboot and not a MMO) Starfield, and Perfect Dark

I'm waiting to see if these are good and I'm still disappointed they didn't have anything ready for a while

Soosa

Banned

Good luck with the hunting.

Here at Finland series x became available on stores before xmas, so I just walked in and bought one (no bundles). They were available for about 3 weeks, but are now sold out again it seems.

I still dont like the controller, but otherwise SXS + PS5 complete each other. PS5 is this epic futuristic system with best controller + best single player experiences.*

And SXS is this "rental library multiplayer machine"*, I have been playing some pc-xbox crossplay games with my friend and it have been nice. (finished alien fireteam, started generation zero) SXS is also really quiet, PS5 aint that noisy either, but SXS is quiet enough to not to be any kind of distraction.

I dont really like forza/halo, but it is ok, nobody likes everything. Gears 5 seems to be good, which is surprise as I could not care to play the old ones on 360.

Game pass is great with this "get 36 months of gold, upgrade to GPU for 1€" deal, cost me about 93€ total.
Without this deal I would not have it, as GPU is just way too expensive in the long run, at least for someone with limited time + multiple consoles.

Before current gen, xbox have been kind of a sad joke to me, but SXS does enough stuff right, so now I kind of feel like I would be missing a lot without it as a gamer.

If someone have the money and time, both consoles are good choise, and it removes the ability to do console war as you see the good and bad on both sides :D

*Personal preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom