• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am a gamer

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So the op apparently was a joke (thankfully) but I will just chime in here and remind that literally every decision we make in life has an opportunity cost. I wish you all the best of luck in those choices.

Coconutt

XT9bP9l.jpg

Roni

Gold Member
I am a gamer. And I always will be.
More power to us, I look at gaming as a parallel to reading books. It's a hobby that can take up your entire life; if you enjoy it enough and have your priorities straight, you let it.

Find what you love and let it kill you, most people spend their entire lives wandering aimlessly around looking for something to love. Lucky us who have found what we love this early in life.

Last edited:
More power to us, I look at gaming as a parallel to reading books. It's a hobby that can take up your entire life; if you enjoy it enough and have your priorities straight, you let it.

Find what you love and let it kill you, most people spend their entire lives wandering aimlessly around looking for something to love. Lucky us who have found what we love this early in life.

I struggle to parallel gaming to books and good artistic films. I think the parallel is there in terms of it being an "entertainment". But the writing and way games are made mean in general there is less scope for more profound experiences. It will probably get there...then again maybe not when you look at the kind of dullards that end up making games these days.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in game, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icy mountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, the spaceship that saves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander Shepard they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have debt into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation, but before I could do that do I had to: • Learn their language • Become a master in Swordsmanship, Smithing, Archery, Defense, Magic, Speech, Hunting and Thieving! Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins along with a brigade of smugglers before I could even start my lessons in Dragon's Speak.

I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawning my limbs to afford an eighteen-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY. I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zelda. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love.

And sometimes this shit doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality grasped between my hands. I have my own world at my fingertips, if I screw something up I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in game I'm free to what I please, when I please, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

nbc police GIF

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I struggle to parallel gaming to books and good artistic films. I think the parallel is there in terms of it being an "entertainment". But the writing and way games are made mean in general there is less scope for more profound experiences. It will probably get there...then again maybe not when you look at the kind of dullards that end up making games these days.
There's plenty of substance out there in gaming. But you won't find a wealth of it on the beaten path.

Trunx81

I bedded Aphrodite.
Used my Witcher senses to pleasure every women in every brothel of Novigrad.
I seduced alien races you never heard about.
Touched the stripper in the club while the bouncer wasn’t looking. Took her inside my car afterwards.

And you dare to call me a virgin?!

😏

Krathoon

I always hate being called a gamer.

Sure. I like video games. It is a hobby. Not my life.

Stop trying to make it part of my personality.

SHA

My mind on a video game I'm willing to beat
oXld49G.png

It doesn't matter how old I am, dude, if you complain about your age then you've just started living, that's not the end of the road.

Krathoon

That is just it. It is entertainment. They try to make it a lifestyle and it really irks me.

I mean. Back the hell off.

Krathoon

That is the thing that really annoys me about MMOs. They try to make it a job.

It is a friggin' video game, man.

I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in game, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icy mountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, the spaceship that saves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander Shepard they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have debt into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation, but before I could do that do I had to: • Learn their language • Become a master in Swordsmanship, Smithing, Archery, Defense, Magic, Speech, Hunting and Thieving! Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins along with a brigade of smugglers before I could even start my lessons in Dragon's Speak.

I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawning my limbs to afford an eighteen-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY. I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zelda. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love.

And sometimes this shit doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality grasped between my hands. I have my own world at my fingertips, if I screw something up I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in game I'm free to what I please, when I please, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

I feel the same. When I'm playing a game I get so immersed in it that I feel I'm in it. Nothing gives me more enjoyment than gaming. 24/7 I think about the game I'm playing or going to. Feel sad when a game ends, feel the story, the characters in it. Some people can't understand this and I don't need them to, I feel the same about them. I like to travel as well but when I'm travelling I think about games and want to get into it as soon as I can. Gaming is my only source of joy and entertainment. This is the place where I'm actually happy.

Gojiira

Blah de blah…Maybe just dont care about other peoples shitty opinions OP? Gaming is a bigger industry than movies and music, its the most common hobby in the world. Really dont have to defend enjoying it.

*Nightwing

I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play with myself. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in motion, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icy mountains of Tamriel, anywhere I rupture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a cockship, the cockship that enslaves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander ShinyKnob they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have bluballs into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander ShinyKnob, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly cockblocked a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a maiden, but before I could do that do I had to: • Learn their love language • Become a master in Cocksmanship, SlapingSalami, debArchery, DonkeyPunching, Tantric Magic, Speech, Thot Hunting and Throbbing! Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of asses along with a brigade of snoggers before I could even start my lessons in the Dragon's Teet.

I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawing my limb to afford an eighteen-hour mustache ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-roped necklace at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY. I've saved Traci Lords. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bondage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zoey Parker. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love.

And sometimes this shit doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality firmly grasped inbetween my hands. I have my own hedonistic world at my fingertips, if I screw something I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in tug I'm free to cum on what I please, when I please, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

I am a wanker. And I always will be.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
No one should define themselves like that. You're more than that, OP. You're a vibrant being of unlimited potential. You can shape your reality in a myriad of ways. But labeling yourself, you restrict your possibilities.

Majukun

me too, what a coincidence to meet here
No one should define themselves like that. You're more than that, OP. You're a vibrant being of unlimited potential. You can shape your reality in a myriad of ways. But labeling yourself, you restrict your possibilities.
since when you ar only allowed one label?

Last edited:
Top Bottom