• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I <3 Colossi!

Belfast

There's few things I've experienced in a game as exhilirating as hopping on a Colossus when the music crescendos. Its like you've just gone from having this sense of fear and dread to absolute triumph. Its the KEY to let you know that you've begun to figure out how to bring down this giant creature. And the music itslef is just....wow, some of the best I've heard. It really gets you pumped up. I could leave it on in the background all day!

And about #6, huh? When you're trying to hide from him and he bends down and start scanning around for you. CREEEPPPYY, but totally awesome.

Like ICO, the problem with this game is gonna be "there's not enough!" Fantastic fucking game, but I know its going to be over all too soon for me. The colossi are the best things ever, though. Such imagination has gone into creating these mythical beasts and they really are quite beautiful.

They're kind of like dinosaurs - these huge, powerful, majestic beasts that are sometimes hard to believe actually existed (of course, the colossi never actually existed, but well....).

Monk

Banned
Belfast said:
There's few things I've experienced in a game as exhilirating as hopping on a Colossus when the music crescendos. Its like you've just gone from having this sense of fear and dread to absolute triumph. Its the KEY to let you know that you've begun to figure out how to bring down this giant creature. And the music itslef is just....wow, some of the best I've heard. It really gets you pumped up. I could leave it on in the background all day!

And about #6, huh? When you're trying to hide from him and he bends down and start scanning around for you. CREEEPPPYY, but totally awesome.

Like ICO, the problem with this game is gonna be "there's not enough!" Fantastic fucking game, but I know its going to be over all too soon for me. The colossi are the best things ever, though. Such imagination has gone into creating these mythical beasts and they really are quite beautiful.

They're kind of like dinosaurs - these huge, powerful, majestic beasts that are sometimes hard to believe actually existed (of course, the colossi never actually existed, but well....).

Sounds like the puzzle game of the millenium. And I am still not sure if i can get into it because of ICO.

Belfast

Monk said:
Sounds like the puzzle game of the millenium. And I am still not sure if i can get into it because of ICO.

Nah, the puzzles, so far, haven't been all that hard. Once you figure out how to get on the Colossus, its more like just being able to hang on.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I just finished #5 like fifteen minutes ago. Wow, what an absolutely amazing experience.

I've been alternating play between SotC, Ninja Gaiden: Black, and The Warriors the last few days and while the latter two are both excellent in their own right, SotC is . Not in an objective sense mind you. I mean, as far as graphics and controls go, NG:B completely trounces SotC. It's the intangibles that make SotC great. Take, for instance, the triumph felt toppling a massive colossi or the tranquility felt while galloping across a barren plain. While the graphics are rough and the controls leave a lot to be desired, this in no way detracts from the overall experience. It's just so goddamn compelling.

mrklaw said:
fucking february for PAL release.....

Get yourself a SwapMagic and IMPORT, ain't no way anyone should wait that long for the game.

I've only played 2 of the colossi so far (just got it last night) but it's bloody amazing to say the least. The scale and design in this game is immaculate. Definately a one to get.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have a Japanese and a PAL PS2. Both big ones.

The Japanese one had a chip in it but it stopped working so I can't play US games. I actually went out and rebought all my US games in PAL (rez, Ico, Zoe 1 &2)

Would a swap magic be a pain in the arse? Would it be easier if I got a slim PS2?

mrklaw said:
I have a Japanese and a PAL PS2. Both big ones.

The Japanese one had a chip in it but it stopped working so I can't play US games. I actually went out and rebought all my US games in PAL (rez, Ico, Zoe 1 &2)

Would a swap magic be a pain in the arse? Would it be easier if I got a slim PS2?

You're in the UK right?

I bought mine from here:- http://www.timehascome.co.uk/view.php?v=shop

They seem to be out of stock right now, but drop em by an email and they'll tell you when they expect new shipments. They have a great service.

Though it is easier to use on the Slim PS2, it doesn't make using it on the bulk PS2 hard by any means. You just need to remove the face plate for the dvd tray which is very simple to do and then use the slide tool for bringing out the tray.
Check out the FAQ's on the site, it explains all you need to know....it may seem a little strange, but trust me it is very simple.

Top Bottom