• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUMANKIND is coming to consoles (also avaialble on Xbox Game Pass

winjer

Gold Member
My biggest disappointment of 2021 on PC.
Was expecting a Civilization VI killer. But got an average 4X game.
I was expecting much better from a company that previously made Endless legend and Endless Space 1 and 2.

It sits at a 67% on the Steam user reviews. So if anyone is planning on buying this, temper your expectations.

MadPanda

Banned
Amazing news! I enjoyed it on PC but stopped playing as my laptop is simply too weak for it. I hope UI and controls will be good.

Nico_D

My biggest disappointment of 2021 on PC.
Was expecting a Civilization VI killer. But got an average 4X game.

I would have to agree. The beginning of the game, the nomad period is grear. After that, unfortunately not so much. It is mostly about numbers, there isn't much heart. The buildings are just pushing numbers without thematic connection which makes the game feel soulless.

winjer

Gold Member
Amazing news! I enjoyed it on PC but stopped playing as my laptop is simply too weak for it. I hope UI and controls will be good.

It doesn't help the game is poorly optimized.
It really doesn't look good enough to justify how hard it pushes the hardware.

MadPanda

Banned
It doesn't help the game is poorly optimized.
It really doesn't look good enough to justify how hard it pushes the hardware.
Yeah, I'd agree with you. I'm playing civilization 6 with expansions, albeit on low but playing without problems. Humankind was sluggish so I had to give up.

Top Bottom