• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How the hell am i supposed to get out of my driveway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubsfan23

Banned
So yeah, there's ice on my driveway, most notably by my car. My wheels just spin, I can't even move an inch. Is Hot Water and Salt the only solutions, or am i screwed?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I dont want to give you advice, I think it would be funny if you cant get your car out:p

As far as I know, hot water and salt is the way I've always done it.

goodcow

DSC08589_Large.jpg

DSC08420_Large.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
goodcow said:

Ok... with that disclaimer out the way.... that is NOT alot of snow... NYC has had worse storms. Rule of them is... if you can see the ground in patches it ain't bad, or the wind is blowing something fierce. In this case.. it ain't the wind. I remember the last time I came in to Manhattan after it snowed... good lord I had to drive around my ex's neighborhood for a good 10min before I could find somewhere to park.

aoi tsuki

It's a good habit to carry sand or a bag of kitty litter (cheapest you can find) in your trunk. Earlier this year, it helped me get unstuck from an icy curb... and into the icy curb across the street.

DarienA said:
Ok... with that disclaimer out the way.... that is NOT alot of snow... NYC has had worse storms. Rule of them is... if you can see the ground in patches it ain't bad, or the wind is blowing something fierce. In this case.. it ain't the wind. I remember the last time I came in to Manhattan after it snowed... good lord I had to drive around my ex's neighborhood for a good 10min before I could find somewhere to park.

no it's not that bad in NYC....there's bearly anysnow on the ground, hell Jersey wasn't even that bad. The WB11 morningnews was saying how you shoul dleave 30mins early cause NJ transit buses and trains were delaied I left late and got to work earily!?!

madara

Whatever you do if have older car let it warm up! I never forget my first car during my first winter as driver. I start car, take off, get to road and find out my gas pedal is frozen to floor!

Thaedolus

Get 4WD! My roommate's parents, for some horrible reason, made him take their 2WD Suburban to school rather than one of their more economic-friendly (front wheel drive) cars, or heaven forbid their 4WD 4Runner. This, combined with our apartment's icy parking lot being on a bunch of slopes, made for some fun days pushing his glorified station wagon out of parking stalls a few times a week.

I ended up driving 90% of the time since my Grand Cherokee had no problem at all...

Docpan

DarienA said:

10 minutes? That's nothing. Try THREE + HOURS.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Flying Llama said:
If you dont have any of the above, get some boxes roll them out flat and stick them behind your wheels.

Uhh...the wheel will spin the box out from underneath the car. It's the stupidest thing you can do.

Get driving lessons. :p Be gentle with the gas and clutch. If you have manual...heh. Most common mistake is to use too much gas and use clutch too quickly. You should try to slowly roll your car with gentle use of the clutch. But yeah, sand will help.

Here's a shot from my backyard 5 mins ago. :lol

backyard2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom