• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many burpees can you do?

bitbydeath

The exercise, not the involuntary movement.

848G.gif

I just started today and was able to achieve 15 in one go in the morning, by the afternoon I was doing 20 per set.

Dunno. Don't do burpees. I can do 40 turkish getups with a 10 pound kettle bell. Does that count?

I can also do this...

Oh, and come join us in the fitness thread... Specially if you want some competition. I know Tesseract Tesseract is thirsty to get something started.

Around 350 - 400. I followed this guy during quarantine and pretty much became a burpees machine. I'd just go outside, put on a podcast, and zone out. Regular burpees and double pumps are good for me, but fuck, those navy seal style ones killed me. I'm a lot better at them now though.

GymWolf

Never tried but i can do the machine gun burps for the other type, it's kinda of a superpower of mine.

highrider

Banned
I’ve never tried to go muscle failure on burpees, but that’s basically the jail exercise, at certain points I could probably do 100s.

bitbydeath

Looks like I have my work cut out for me.
Will keep working on these rookie numbers.
Sit-ups I can do by the hundreds but burpees kill my legs.

Startet using a Calisthenics app during lockdow, but I stopped after my knee did not want to cooperate with the ridiculous amount of volume that it was suggesting anymore(400+ of burpees/pushups etc.)

Thankfully gyms here are open again

0ig4H0O.jpg

hJSKBbz.jpg

Last edited:

tkscz

Don't know actually. I do HIIT, so it's mostly doing as many as possible in 30 seconds. Usually 20 and I do 3 sets, so 60 I suppose.

TheContact

I can only do about 15 until my arms can't take it anymore but I also incorporate a pushup into it whereas in the video she just goes right back up. They're a great workout but I'm also trying to get in better shape.

Dunno. Don't do burpees. I can do 40 turkish getups with a 10 pound kettle bell. Does that count?

I can also do this...

Oh, and come join us in the fitness thread... Specially if you want some competition. I know Tesseract Tesseract is thirsty to get something started.

@2:42 reminds me of:

Rings%20poster%20crop.jpg

Last edited:

KO7

eng_pl_Mens-Training-T-Shirt-Nike-Burpees-Suck-Dri-FIT-4576_5.jpg

Our gym trainers (I work out at a instructor-led classes gym) love burpees, so this shirt was a hit the first time I wore it to class.

Dark Star

I'm not in the best shape of my life right now, because I haven't stepped foot in a gym in MONTHS.

Just pushups, pullups (got a bar installed in my room), a couple dumbbells' with weight racks, a few resistance bands, etc. Nothing fancy, 4 times a week, PPL split. I'd like to get some more equipment at home for sure.

That being said, my focus has always been on building muscle, not so much cardio, so I can only do about 20 military styled burpees before feeling the burn. I used to do more HIIT workouts along with jump ropes, and I want to back into it with inspiration of this thread lol.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Think I just dropped a kilo or half a kilo yesterday while doing continuous sets of burpees.

Usually 83kg in the mornings and today I reached 82kg. Will have to keep these exercises up.

Legs and back are sore though.

MastAndo

I don't do anything dynamic like that when I work out (basically just lift weights so I look OK in a t-shirt), so I gave it a shot - I got to 10 and I think I strained a hip flexor, and my cat tried to kill me, so I stopped. I'll stick to push-ups.

...but for real, these are pretty great. Gotta work on improving this horrendous lack of flexibility though, as that position where your legs are tucked near under your arms is downright painful for me.

fatty

The way I’ve always understood it is that a proper burpee is where your chest goes to the ground and you jump after getting back to your feet.

A squat thrust is kind of an intermediate burpee where you are just coming to a plank position on the floor (no chest to ground where you are applying a push up motion) and then coming back to your feet (no jump).

Video in the OP is kind of a midpoint between the two.

about 400 over 40 minutes with push ups and jumping jacks between

not great not terrible

music helps

What the heck man, that is crazy.

Last edited:
Not very many since I had shoulder surgery and got 6 anchors in it a few years ago. I can lift and stuff just fine but the pushup position has been a big problem. I've replaced it with rowing which seems to be doing pretty good for me.

Top Bottom