• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOw do i get gamespot images to show up on my browser?

None of the screenshots show up for me ....I know i have to enable something in my IE setting but i cant figure out what.

Zep

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
None of the screenshots show up for me ....I know i have to enable something in my IE setting but i cant figure out what.

mozilla.org and enable a new web browser :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I can't view screenshots on GameSpot. Screens on every other Internet site I visit are OK. What's going on?
Chances are that ad blocking or firewall software on your computer is blocking them. A common culprit is Kazaa Lite, which has a large list of blocked sites, including Image.com.com. GameSpot screenshots are served from Image.com.com. For assistance in unblocking Image.com.com from your ad blocking or firewall software, please consult your software's manual or publisher.

Here is one suggestion that may help:

You can remove the entry line that contains image.com.com from the hosts file. It will look something like this:

# 127.0.0.1 image.com.com

In Win 2000 the hosts file is in: %SYSTEMDRIVE%\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\, XP is similar. Just be sure not to edit hosts.sam because it is only a sample file.

Caution: Editing your registry can cause serious problems that may require reinstalling the operating system on your PC. GameSpot (and CNET Networks) is not responsible for any problems resulting from using the Windows Registry Editor--please use it at your own risk. As well, GameSpot recommends that you back up your host file before you edit it.

Sean

Banned
THE PROBLEM
Kazaa Lite (along with other software) makes changes to your HOSTS file, which is affecting which links your browser can follow.
You may have noticed that some other websites are acting funky too.
I stopped getting graphics at Gamespot.com after I installed Kazaa Lie.

THE FIX
1) Do a search on your computer for a file called "HOSTS"
(i'm running XP home and its located: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC)

2) Open it in Notepad and search for any lines that contain the following domains:

linksynergy.com
bfast.com
qksrv.net
tkqlhce.com
kqzyfj.com
jdoqocy.com
dpbolvw.net
anrdoezrs.net
cc-dt.com
cj.com
commission-junction.com

Enter # at the beginning of the line. There may be several instances of the same domains.

3) Save and exit the file.

Close and reopen your browser and you should be good to go.

NORTON FIREWALL USERS - turn off ad blocking

Or you can download FireFox, I don't think thats affected.

Top Bottom